Haunt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have finally started the fence. It only took me 2 years, but i got it started today. I have 2 sections of PVC painted and just need to drill the ferring strips...any advice with attaching it or not? I kinda wanted to break it down to just tubes and strips for storage purposes,, but im lazy ill admit it. And i dont want little A-holes running off with my pipes. Also should i put my skull finials in before or after i finish spraying Meaning...spray them or put it on the fence and then spray? Okay THANKS

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
All I can suggest is that when you add your screw for the post leave it stick out a bit and then for your horizontal strips make a hole big enough for screw head to fit and then a small indent to set screw shaft on.
If you not sure what i mean let me know and ill draw up a pic for you.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
For what its worth, I do my fence in eight foot sections. But then i have a garage to store them in by hanging them on large wooden hooks from the rafters. I painted my finials first just because it wasted less paint. I still had to go back and touch them up a little. I guess it just boils down to how much room for storage to you have.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
for our fence we just had 2 1x4s about 6" from the top and bottom and just set the pipes in the holes, resting the pvc on the ground.
yes, they are loose, but not one is missing after 2 years!
or you could add a screw to the side of your 1x4 to go into the pvc, but i'm sure that would be very time consuming!
hope that helps!
:).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts