Haunt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frighteners Entertainment said:
Just curious, how do you intend to use it? Fake saw or jsut background sound?
i think i'm going to be using a real chainsaw as a prop with my costume, but to avoid issues with the parents, police (and my wife and neighbors) i don't think i'm going to have it running (even without the chain). and i don't like the looks of the fake ones i've seen. so, i was thinking of handling a real one (not running) but having the sound effects playing right behind me. in addition, i'll have another cd player with the other sound effects/songs/etc further out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
try this:
http://www.findsounds.com/ISAPI/search.dll
By the way, I did the same thing last year. I had a friend in costume standing next to an old truck with the hood up. When people passed by he waved them down and asked if they were going to the Miller party. If they said yes he asked them to send Darryl (me) down to help with the truck. If they answered yes he gave me a sign and I jumped out from behind the truck dressed like Leatherface and ran at them with a real chain saw running(no chain.) We mixed the gas with extra oil so it would smoke more. Scared quite a few people. Mind you, this was out in the sitcks with only one neighbor nearby and I asked them if they were okay with this before. Some of us will go to any extent to scare the snot out of someone!!!

14,351 Posts
johnnythunder said:
Yeah, we live in townhouses and are all basically on top of each other - I don't have a lot of space or leeway.

I did find a few sounds that I'm going to try to put all on CD. Thanks.
Love to hear it myself, [email protected], if you have time.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts