Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to log into the chat room and was told I was banned. So, have I been banned or is the new chat system not working?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'm not quite done yet. In order for the new chat to work, I believe I'll need you all to clear your caches and cookies and maybe have you search for a SWF file on your PCs and ask you to delete it. I'll let you know in a while when I'm done. :)

I'll reply to the other thread when its ready.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Z, I am flat broke so I have no cach, I ate all my cookies for lunch and if there was a single white female on my pc I am sure I would have seen her by now.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Bone Dancer said:
Well Z, I am flat broke so I have no cach, I ate all my cookies for lunch and if there was a single white female on my pc I am sure I would have seen her by now.
LOL. That's some funny stuff. Never looked at it that way before. :googly:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I fixed a little setting I overlooked and it should work now. You MAY need to do the fix instructions again, but try without doing it anyway first. I apologize for the problems.

·
Banned
764 Posts
dr and krough i thought were in chat showed in list i did /.names and showed just me so i guess logging out is not working right .....the log out commands are working though ........

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
kryptonoff said:
dr and krough i thought were in chat showed in list i did /.names and showed just me so i guess logging out is not working right .....the log out commands are working though ........
Uh... what? :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Dr Morbius said:
I worked the first time I tried it with no mods. I however have no icons option.
The ones that appear by your username. I'll try clearing out my cookies and see what happens.
I had shut that off while I tested things. It should be back now, but if not you may have to clear the cookies and clear out the SWF file again.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems to be working fine for me now. I just logged in without doing any changes. And the SWF says hi.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Is the border color still purple or is it green to match the rest of the forums? If it's still purple, you will need to delete the SWF file as the older version may not gel 100% with everyone else who is on the new version of the chat.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did all the stuff and it seems to work fine. But I am having a major lag time between typing and the words on the screen. About six or more letters behind and it a real pain. Both here and the chat room. What's up.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Lag time? Is the lag time there when the chat window is closed or only when it's opened? I may need to re-do some of the images and sounds to be smaller file sizes for the chat room if this is the case.

I may also need to turn off some features to make it run smoother.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just tryed both the reply to posts and the chat room. There is no lag time between typing and word image now. I made no changes to my pc. I am guessing you have done something. Thanks, it was driving me nuts trying to type and see what I was typing. If you hav'nt done anything then we must have gremilns in the forum, which seems right some how.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I didn't do anything, but now that I think about it, when I first logged into the "new" version of the chat room, I too experienced some lag that was gone the next time I logged in. If it returns, I'll look into what could be causing it.

Damned gremlins. :googly:

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spoke to soon, started having lags in the chat room again. Randomly, about 4 or 5 letters. Seemed to get better when I loged in a second time. Acting like the system is over loaded or something. Noticed that vlads bat locks up too. Hope you can figure it out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts