Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No. I don't care for chat rooms.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the release of vBulletin 3.5 just around the corner, I will be able to install add-ons in a very trouble-free manner and not void the forum's warranty.

So, I was looking at the possibility of adding a chat room here. There are many low-cost or free chat options available to me so it will also be at no cost to do so, just the amount of time it takes for me to set it up. :jol:

Answer the poll question above to put in your $0.02.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Dear god, I'd almost forgot about that. :googly: :sick:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, since the vote is heavily in favor of having a chat room added, so it shall be done!

Once the first stable release of vBulletin 3.5 is available, I shall install a chat room. It shall be members only, to keep out the "riff raff."

I think I'll do scheduled chats every two weeks, but the room will be there all the time, so if anyone feels like chatting, just bop your head in there and wait. Sombody else is bound pop their head in there eventually.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vBulletin 3.5 release candidate 3 is about to come out, and hopefully that will be the last RC before the full release. That essentially means the installation of the chat room should be within the next few weeks. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Release Candidate 3 came out today. Provided it has no major bugs, the full version will be out soon... and soon after that CHAT!

I will most likely run a chat on Halloween night this year. Hope everyone can stop in and say "Hi".

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Chat on Halloween Night!! I don't think there's anyone that could tear me away from the haunt on Halloween, unless it rains, lol. I'm looking forward to the regular chat room though. Black Cat has been looking at IR cameras though, so maybe we can get a web cam up.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I can't wait for a chat! I think it will totally rock! Especially if we get that wierdo guy back who is always tryin to sell his beaver sticks! LOL :D :voorhees:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's an inside joke amongst those of us that used to be members of my old Entertainment/News site, Badassuniverse.com. It goes right along with "Bill Cosby's Bitch-Cakes." :googly:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Alex and I were just reminiscing about Bob42 the other day. I think that's what his name was... Bill Cosby's bitch cakes! That's an awesome one, too! I wonder what wondrous things Bob might have in his backpack for us... If anything at all. I miss Bob.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You can ALWAYS count on Bob42 to bring something cool to the party. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chat is always fun, so I'm all for it...

For the time being, until you get set up, you are more than welcome to use mine. A few of us are in there quite a bit, so they'll be people to talk to...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts