Haunt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all,
I bought a cheap canopy at Family Dollar for $12.

Do you think if I sink the legs in some buckets of concrete that it will be sturdy enough to stand on the driveway without blowing away?
I was figuring on covering it with some cloth or plastic to expand my garage haunt a little.

Any thouhts or experience with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
All I can think of is that if it gets windy enough to blow away the top might tear off ..( I am not familiar with that canopy)
but you'll have 4 poles for tether ball maybe

·
Registered
903 Posts
I live in a wind tunnel and have had my EasyUp fly away and turn up side down hahaha (I wasn't laughing at the time) but I have mastered the tie down method now. If you keep an eye on it and maybe find a way to anchor the top of the canopy,maybe 2 of the poles tied to the garage door frame and use the buckets with HEAVY rocks in them it should be ok (depending on the wind speed) it can be done.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have used two styles of canopy for my haunt, one with a pointed top to it, and one with a flat top. The one with a flat top survived the winds and the one with the pointed top, well, is now just a few poles in our backyard. Maybe one with a flat top makes less wind resistance.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Those come with "ropes" to anchor it down but it will prob tear in the wind..I'm not sure but i know alot of peeps had theirs blow away in our major storms up here. and the poles are easily bent when windy but i think if u anchor it that should help. Good price though..that's the first time they ever went on sale usually they are carried over every year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.