Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I sent out a mass mailing today to announce the chat room and some of the new features to the members and I got a lot of messages bounced back to me. Please take a moment and go into your User CP and make sure that your e-mail address is current. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your special... you're on AOL. AOL people never receive our mailings as our mail is flat-out blocked by your ISP. I'd fire off an e-mail to AOL's support to ask how you can set yourself up to receive our mail and ask why we're blocked in the first place.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's [email protected]. Tell them it's a message forum that occasionally sends out a mailing with update information to registrants that signed up to receive the mailing. It is not spam.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I checked my email a few times, even the spam folder and never recieved it. I made sure it was the right one posted here, and it is ... hmm

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm... Let me ask this... did anyone receive an e-mail from the forums yesterday?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I did. At 10:26

"Hi again ScareFX,

We at the Unpleasant Street Forums are always striving to make the
environment you post discussions in the most cutting-edge possible. In
keeping up with that, we have upgraded our forum software to the newest
version available... vBulletin 3.5."...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so it is definitely NOT a problem on my end of things. I'd keep my eyes open in your SPAM boxes for the next few days as sometimes (very rarely) messages take a long time to get to the recipient.

AOL mail addresses never receive messages, so keep that in mind. That's one of many reasons I despise AOL.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
OK, Here's what AOL online help said......................

AOLTechAUG says, Thank you for the information.
AOLTechAUG says, AOL may have received large amounts of junk e-mail from someone using this domain
name. Please ask the sender of the e-mail to ask their system administrator or Internet Service Provider to call the AOL® Postmaster Hotline at 1-888-212-5537.
AOLTechAUG says, The Postmaster Team, which is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, can work with the ISP to quickly resolve the issue. Additional information is available at the AOL Postmaster Web Site: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/
You say, Why can't I copy and paste the info you just gave me?
AOLTechAUG says, I will e-mail you a COPY of this conversation. :)
You say, Thanks, I'll forward it to the forum head.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll call that number, but I don't know why I'm blocked in the first place... the domain didn't exist before I bought it over a year ago and I've ALWAYS had this problem from the beginning.

****ing AOL. God I hate them.

Will call tomorrow at lunch time.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Damn. I just updated mine. It never even dawned on my that I wasn't getting any updates or anything.:p :rolleyes: :googly: :ninja:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Okay, here's the poop, and nothing but the poop. to send mass emails to AOL subscribers, Zombie has to sign up for the AOL "White" List. Here's the email address to do so. The same thing is currently happening on another forum also, and I'm on AOL's back at least twice a day just for the fun of it.

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/whitelist/

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I just got this from the AOL Postmaster:

AOL Postmaster said:
Your Whitelist request, with the
confirmation code 1128564756-041160, has been approved.

For more information on this request, please visit our website
or call the AOL Postmaster Helpdesk at 888-212-5537.

Thank You,
AOL Postmaster.

Requested IP(s):
So, on Saturday morning, I'll be sending a message just to test it out. All you AOLers, please let me know if you receive it or not, ok? :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also didn't get an email...my email is correct and nothing showed in spam...I'll keep looking...:devil:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I'm now into my 2nd plus hour of live AOL help to resolve these issues. I have all day. I'm onto my second supervisor now, lol. They're not used to someone still being polite after two hours! Wish me luck, I'm fighting city hall here, lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts