(arm, teeth) - $0.75
Paints - $3.50
Gloss Coat - $0.75
Left over expand foam - $2.00
Chicken Wire
(legs) - $2.50

Total of 15.56!! Canadian!
Thats 13.40 US!

Man am I proud of this one. It's my first prop ever. Ive done others, but i started this one first. It just took a while to work on. I was inspired by John Carpenters 'The Thing' and my baby boy. The story behind it is, is one night I was putting Cooper to bed and he let out this horrible scream that made me think of the Thing when it would mutate. So I imagined his teddy bear next to him changing shape. Hence my creature bursting out of the teddy bear. I worked hard on this guy, hope you guys enjoy it.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRJfyMlczM[/nomedia]

NEW PIC!!

For more pics check out my blog

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Great Job! ----very unsettling prop....I really like that skeletal hand and arm coming out.
I can't help but think of the episode of "The Simpsons" where Maggie turns out to be an alien.......Homer says "oh look, Maggie lost her baby legs." LOL.

Good prop Cheetah!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have taken better pics....it's other arm is an eyeball squeezing out. Hard to tell I think.... Im gonna try to add a video later.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! oh i should take a close up of his teeth, they're pretty cool....

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I like it. Very creative in your ideas! I think this prop is one that shows up best under whitish light. The colored lights IMO hide too much of your nice detail work.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Wow. That is very creepy.
I like how you've made skin pulling away from the skull with nylon?
Looks very disturbing Cheetah
Great Job!

·
Registered
743 Posts
OH.
no no no
He's going to be afraid of stuffed animals his whole life.

That's just not right.
Is that a photoshop??
Cheetah promise me you wont make your kid look at scary stuff like that! Atleast until he's older and can understand. You're going to do damage.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Very Inventive Cheetah, good imagination
Teddyscare !! good name
nice hand!! and the eye in the arm is cool!!
I really like how you used that teddy bear...kinda thought you were doing something like this.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahahah no photoshop. I put him there. My wife wanted to kill me lol
I promised her it was just this once. He will never remember it cause hes so young. She left me. hahaha no I kid, I kid. I have to put all my freak props away before he realizes how scary they are.

OH.
no no no
He's going to be afraid of stuffed animals his whole life.

That's just not right.
Is that a photoshop??
Cheetah promise me you wont make your kid look at scary stuff like that! Atleast until he's older and can understand. You're going to do damage.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts