Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
OK..I searched..and I found. This might be the hardware used to accomplish this feat.

http://www.animatedlighting.com/products/christmaskit.asp

Looks like anyone could do this! Although, the shows seem to be pre prgrammed, so I'm not sure THIS is the hardware used by the guy Zombie linked to. It might be something similar though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very cool, but I personally don't have the mega bucks laying around this equipment costs just to run some Christmas lights a couple months out of the year.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Nah, That's the kind of thing you keep up all year. I wonder what that would look like played to Pantera or the Brandenburg Concerto?

"Hey Dudes, Shyaaah',Like let's go out in my front yard and rock out man!":cool:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hey this guy was on the news.(second-hand info) He's a computer programer in Ohio. It takes him two months to set up 25,000 lights. The music is pumped out of an FM transmiter. and runs every night from 7-9pm. His electric bill goes up $250 a month.:cool:

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
i had read about this guy, im pretty sure he used the thing, which its name escapes me, that they use to do fireworks....it has like 20 outlets on it and hooks in by USB or possible a parallel port and he used a C program to control current going to each of the outlets on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts