Haunt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else sit under speakers at work where they're playing Christmas tunes 24/7?

Friday I counted 8 versions of Little Drummer Boy.

That's it: I hate Christmas.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I don't sit under speakers at work but everyone here has it on their radios and yes - I've heard the different versions of not only the Little Drummer Boy, but Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I don't mind the Christmas music but the station everyone is listening too just keeps playing the same damn songs. What about "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer", "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" or "Dominic the Donkey".

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Well I do security for construction at an airport. So since I have my own little booth, I can control what I listen to and so far haven't had the urge for any xmas music, at work at least. We do have a station here that plays it 24/7 they seem pretty good at not repeating alot.

But I never heard "Dominic the Donkey" hmm. I will have to look that up. :cool:

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
I don't sit under speakers at work but everyone here has it on their radios and yes - I've heard the different versions of not only the Little Drummer Boy, but Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I don't mind the Christmas music but the station everyone is listening too just keeps playing the same damn songs. What about "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer", "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" or "Dominic the Donkey".
YUP! Hippo is my favorite Christmas tune, followed by Dominic...once 104.5 flipped and no longer does the 24/7 Christmas music, I thought B101 would play the same songs...nope! Funny, I played both of these yesterday on CD :googly:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like christmas music a lot, and I'd probably listen to it year-round (interspersed with the Misfits) if my wife would put up with it, LOL.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hippo is my fave Christmas song, too!! Everytime I hear it, which isn't often at all, I get this silly smile and sing along.

And no, I won't put up with it all year, Pete but December is the one month that we actually don't fight about what to listen to in the car!! LOL

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I have a useless fact to share with you as well:

The song " I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" was released as a fund raiser so the Oklahoma City Zoo could buy a Hippo. Really.

It worked. The song was a hit, they raised the money, they got their hippo.

God bless us, every one.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Anyone else sit under speakers at work where they're playing Christmas tunes 24/7?

Friday I counted 8 versions of Little Drummer Boy.
Easily, my least favorite song of the lot.

I actually like classical Christmas songs or anything done by the Boston Pops. Good stuff when it's not done by the likes of the hottest country stars or Beyonce'. :rolleyes:

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
I have a useless fact to share with you as well:

The song " I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" was released as a fund raiser so the Oklahoma City Zoo could buy a Hippo. Really.

It worked. The song was a hit, they raised the money, they got their hippo.

God bless us, every one.
Yup - cool story :)

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
Lilly--thanks for the link. Now I have that song stuck in my brain. Merry xmas!!!! Hee Haw...la la de da Hee Haw

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
You wanna hear bad christmas music I work for a french company thankfully my office is so far off the path (read roof) it doesnt get this far

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Banned
4,493 Posts
When they play that crap at work I throw on my ipod with metal on it.I can listen for short periods,no way all day.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I had to listen to christmas music all day I'd go nuts. My family calls me "Scrooge" and "the Grinch" for not liking Christmas. The thing is I don't dislike Christmas, but everybody starts getting ready for it so early that by the time it comes I'm tired of it. The good thing about them thinking I dislike Christmas is I get some good gag gifts out of it, my favorite is a black Santa hat that says Bah Humbug.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts