Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Dracula

Votes: 5 50.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic HMDM Quarter-Finals Bout # 1

777 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Sinister 
#1 ·
When these two films come up in conversation they are usually spoken with reverant tones of almost superstitious awe. Universal was the undisputed champeen of this tourney and I highly suspect the two films that weren't from that much revered company (Hammer's The Mummy and AIP's The Abominable Dr. Phibes) are going to fall victim to the Classic Monsters most likely in this round, but we'll see. ;)

Like I stated before, these two iconic films that are in the first bout have been immortalized by the teeming masses and rightfully so. No explanation is needed, so get in here and vote for either Dr. Frankenstein's monstrous creation or the Lord of Vampires, because the Universal Monster's elite have once again invaded Unpleasant Street!

#4 ·
Bela is Dracula. This I have alvays said. But I believe I take nothing avay from the greatest Dracula of them all when I cast my lot with Karloff.

Those who know me know that Frankenstein is my favourite monster movie (just ahead of Jaws and King King). It was a perfect portrayal by Karloff of a sympathy-inducing yet terrifying creature we like to call "The Monster".

Frankenstein is probably one of the ten best films of all time, and I must admit that, for all it's atmosphere, Dracula creeps in places.

#8 ·
dougspaulding said:
I must admit that, for all it's atmosphere, Dracula creeps in places.
This is the very problem I have with the film. There was also too much humor, whether intentional or not and I just didn't think it really fit with the overall tale. Frankenstein, however, far surpassed it's book and that is a rarity. Karloff and company get my vote.

#12 ·
Since I have a full schedule going on tomorrow, I'm calling this tonight. It's a tie and after a best two out of three coin toss, I'm awarding this round to the Prince of Darkness himself, Dracula. Sorry, Boris. :(

That ends this round and we move onto the second match in the quarter finals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.