Votes: 6 50.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have eliminated several films that are the creme da la creme of the Horror movie industry. AIP, Hammer and Universal have all had stakes in this, and now only the latter stands. We have for you, A Transylvanian count duking it out with an aquatic evolutionary throwback monster. It's Drac vs. Gill Man. Which monster is going to take home the gold? Get in and cast your vote, the polls are now open.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've stuck with the Creature this long, not gonna drop him now!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There isn't one slow or dull part in Creature From the Black Lagoon. Sadly, the same cannot be said for Dracula. Creech is as good as if not better than even Frankenstein IMHO.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The avatar says it all for me, agreed, it wasn't always the best of films (couldn't keep Browning sober long enough to do it right), but I'll always back Bela.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I have to go with Drac - like I said before - he can turn into a bat or wolf and even put you in a trance. Now that's what I call multi-tasking.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All that **** wouldn't work on The Creech. He would just wrap those frying pan size talons around any of Drac's guises and squeeze reeeeeeal hard! :D

Quick post edit: How in blazes did Dracula pull ahead?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By that rationale, my good friend, this would also mean somewhere someone thought that other versions of it didn't get it right all the countless times before they made their entry. ;)

With the Lagoon Creature, there is only ONE remake in the works. Perhaps others think the original is as close to perfect as you can get, hmmmmm? :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
If they had gone deeper into the opening boat attack sequence,and a little more teeth,I'd go with Dracula. But the Creature is such an amazing monster design.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to leave it up for a few days longer just in case someone else wants in on the action. The winner of this bout goes onto to the second ever Contest of Champions against the holder of the title, Halloween.

We will have another session of bouts shortly thereafter. I have an idea for the next ones, I just have to put together a list and then we'll climb into the ring once more for another tourney of Horror Movie Death Match. :xbones:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't see carrying this one any farther. All the votes are in, all the usual suspects have voted and put in their two cents and, once again we have a tie. The coin has been flipped, the vampire is staked and the Creature moves on, the Champion of Classic Horror Movie Death Match. He now goes on to the second match of Clash of the Champions against the knife wielding maniac known as Michael Myers. This thread is now closed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.