Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about stealing Halloween forums idea and putting in a Classifieds Forum? A place where folks can buy/sell thier props. I know we have a Spam Links and Promotion Forum, but that's more for companies selling thier wares. This would be for individuals who have have something to sell, or folks to put in a request to buy something from another member. I have a thread already existing and it doesn't have a proper home.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I think the idea is great and here is my simple logic...

While I can tinker - I don't have the inclination to experiment with FCG's, or automated zombies - it would be easier for me to purchase the base elements from someone selling theirs than trying to figure it out on my own.

While I'm new here - the majority of you know and trust each other and that's better than some of the larger forums with larger groups of people - or full of professional haunters that I couldn't afford their stuff anyway.

Of course - I'm always looking for a deal - but if someone has a prop I like at a decent price - I'm in.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I'd proposed the idea a while ago, and it was turned down. I'm still in favor of it as long as everyone understands that the forum itself is in no way responsible for any transactions. I'd further extend it to being a buy/sell/swap section.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Well, I'll consider it, but one or more of the mods will have to step up and keep tabs on it if I go through with it. Anyone wishing to use it should definitely keep in mind that you do so at your own risk. Any user scamming another user will be banned.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Why do we pick on poor Vlad so...Oh thats right its FUN!
Good idea tough to moderate.
Small peice of personal phylosophy Dont buy from sell to work with freinds or family. Because when it goes south it goes south bad and everyone is invovled

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
I really like the idea! :> One question though... Would it be only for selling props/Halloween items? Just wondering..... :>

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, I had suggested it myself at one point, and I know that Zombie is only considering it again due to increased member interest now, and because of his desire to make this forum everything it's members want it to be. The trouble with a section like this can be when someone feels ripped off, and blames it on the forum.
I have no problems moderating it, but I'd be certain to lay down a FAQ and a set of rules that leaves the transactions up to the people involved, and them alone, and the consequences of not doing so. ANY spillover into regular forum activities, or PMing Zombie without going through the moderator/s first, would get you zapped from further participation.
I'd also insist that no links to EBAY sales would be tolerated. This would have to be strictly individuals wanting to make buys/sales/swaps with other members. The items that can be listed would be restricted to Halloween, haunt, horror, goth type items. Props, materials used to make props, or tools used for haunt or prop building. It would become too unwieldy if it were to be used as an internet garage sale.
I'll leave it up to you Zombie, I think it's worth a try, and you can always pull the plug at the first signs of me or anyone else screwing it up.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
I love the restrictons/rules! :> And like you said Vlad,... the plug could always be pulled if need be! :>

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, I had suggested it myself at one point, and I know that Zombie is only considering it again due to increased member interest now, and because of his desire to make this forum everything it's members want it to be. The trouble with a section like this can be when someone feels ripped off, and blames it on the forum.
I have no problems moderating it, but I'd be certain to lay down a FAQ and a set of rules that leaves the transactions up to the people involved, and them alone, and the consequences of not doing so. ANY spillover into regular forum activities, or PMing Zombie without going through the moderator/s first, would get you zapped from further participation.
I'd also insist that no links to EBAY sales would be tolerated. This would have to be strictly individuals wanting to make buys/sales/swaps with other members. The items that can be listed would be restricted to Halloween, haunt, horror, goth type items. Props, materials used to make props, or tools used for haunt or prop building. It would become too unwieldy if it were to be used as an internet garage sale.
I'll leave it up to you Zombie, I think it's worth a try, and you can always pull the plug at the first signs of me or anyone else screwing it up.
Ok, I've thought about this for the past week now and I'll give this idea a chance. The first signs of any trouble brewing in there will mean it goes away. So basically, be good! :)

I'll take some time either later today (Saturday Sept 2) or tomorrow and set it all up. Vlad, are you still interested in it? I'll co-moderate it with you if you'd like.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
You know I'll be glad to help out Z, I'd like to have the section here, and I've been holding off selling some stuff in hopes it becomes a reality. I'd love to have the great and honorable Z as a co-moderator on a section, but in this instance, I think it would make it appear as if the forum was somehow responsible for the goings on in it. Better to let the ack ack gunners use me for a target, and you can always let me know if things need to be changed via PM.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
You know I'll be glad to help out Z, I'd like to have the section here, and I've been holding off selling some stuff in hopes it becomes a reality. I'd love to have the great and honorable Z as a co-moderator on a section, but in this instance, I think it would make it appear as if the forum was somehow responsible for the goings on in it. Better to let the ack ack gunners use me for a target, and you can always let me know if things need to be changed via PM.
Ok, sounds like a plan. Just fire me off a PM and let me know how you'd like things set up. Like for instance, do we just want to have a generalized classifieds forum (under the Halloween Discussinos) or a classifieds discussion forum with various sub-forums like what HalloweenForum has? I think for now a generalized classifieds forum is the way to go and if we get enough different types of topics in there, then create sub-forums.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts