Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some Jack-O-Lanterns I have made from polymer clay for my groom's table. They are roughly 1" in diameter and hollow to receive LEDs from the dollar store fake tea lights. The ones lit up and just sitting on dismantled tea lights to show the lighting effect.

Medium: CraftSmart polymer clay

The first round. Ignore the 4 left pumpkins as they are a result of my crappy sculpting skills.

The style of sculpted pumpkins I like the most so far.

Two more with lights

two more.....

and the rest that i have to sculpt!

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol: Wow Lord Homicide, those are great! Are they going to be 'take-away' favors?...and I am guessing an Autumn/Halloween wedding? You are so lucky!!!:D Combining the two great loves of your life is wonderful. My favorite is the second picture, second from right. He has a certain 'Pumpkinrottish look' to him!

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:jol: Wow Lord Homicide, those are great! Are they going to be 'take-away' favors?...and I am guessing an Autumn/Halloween wedding? You are so lucky!!!:D Combining the two great loves of your life is wonderful. My favorite is the second picture, second from right. He has a certain 'Pumpkinrottish look' to him!
It's an after Christmas wedding - so all this crap goes along with my groom's table theme - The Nightmare After Christmas (a pun on the movie :)) It will be a different spin than the usual beer, football, ball n chain type groom table. a thread on that is coming

·
Clean "cut"
26,998 Posts
Cool "crap"! I could use crap like that.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Awww, they're cute:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Like them alot! And the 'early sculpting ones' you want us to ignore actually look like real jack-o-lanterns too ... you know, after you've carved them and left them out in for a week or so.

Great job!

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the kind words everyone. yes the first couple do have the early rotting look to them which could work. i am really striving to copy the pumpkins in Nightmare Before Christmas. i just don't have that Imagineer skill set i reckon.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,211 Posts
The mini pumpkins are looking great. I like that you made them to fit the tea lights. Looks like you only have about 50 to go. :)

·
Humanitarian of the Year
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The mini pumpkins are looking great. I like that you made them to fit the tea lights. Looks like you only have about 50 to go. :)
thanks spook... now if i can coerce someone to help me sculpt them

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
ah, what cute little creations LordH! That is a groom's table to be proud of you make me want to play with clay now too!

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
It's a Showroom thread - people are not supposed to criticize a prop in Showroom:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts