Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I made one some years back. I made several small holes, not just one the center. I think I read that on some web site, but I can't remember which site it was. Also, make sure the fan blade is facing the right way. A rubber cement thinner might help as well. My rubber cement web gun worked for some time, but it kept getting clogged and was too difficult to clean. Keep in mind that rubber cement is highly flamable!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I built one of them 'thar web spinners a while back as well. I used the smallest drill bit I could find and made about 6 holes around the chamber that held the rubber cement at 45 degree angles. It worked fine for about 5-10 minutes before the holes clogged up. I thinned out the mixture, but was never really satisfied with the results. In the end I felt I wasted more time finding the parts and building it with bad results.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Everyone I know who's used the spinner-type webber used a mixture of rubber cement and rubber cement thinner. It's a pricey mix but it works well. Personally, I like the webs made from this type of gun a lot better than the hot glue variety because the threads are uniformly thinner, and dull and translucent instead of slightly shiny like the glue threads. And it has a higher output so it's a lot faster. But... the materials are more expensive and the webs are flammable. And then there's the clogging issue aforementioned... I was gonna build one of these but I think I'll just go with a glue shooter and use dust to get rid of the shine. And I'll prolly just plonk down the 56 bucks and buy it from FE instead of taking however much time and only slightly less money to try to cobble one together on my own.
But... if you build one and it works, please post pix of the results! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.