Haunt Forum banner

Should I offer flusher sticks?

• No, I'd just run through another color until it appears.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Yes, I'd use a clear flusher, before adding another color

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I should have Colored Mini HG Sticks come in by the end of this week to add to my inventory. Some people have commented that they like the 7/16" , but need something for more detailed work on props nearing completion, so I'll try this as a trial and see if there's enough sales to warrent carrying them.

Quick question though. When a person uses colored hot glue, often they have to "flush" out one color to use another. Should I carry some cheap regular hot glue to use as "flushers" in both 7/16" and minis even though they are widely available? I'm nervous to buy and lose money, because I'm nowhere near the level of some of the larger vendors that can gamble with bucks. I've just started doing this from home and am growing slowly.

Opinions?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the other thread:
Honestly, I would say no. If I was using a colored stick and switched to a different color, I would run the old color out of the gun till the new color came out onto a paper plate. Now I dont use glue guns much, but thats how I would do it. Beging a rookie to glue guns, I would think of buying a stick to flush then remove, the put new one in. I dont see the point myself.
I think ur doing good so far, and I would not add "flusher sticks", just my opinion.

·
In Remembrance
7,531 Posts
I agree with Scare. I can get plain HG at the dollar store cheaper then having you send it to me. And has far as changing colors, has long as the end of the stick is out i can pull it out of mine and start a new color or flush it out if its a really fussy color job.
If your a small business you have to specialize. Do colors and special effects HG. Maybe carry more then one size (7/16, mini, cubes). If the turn around time from your supplier is fast then you don't need to have a large inventory, just the colors that move the fastest. "One to show and one to go" was the saying in most retail businesses.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hey Sickie.... When me and the bf put up the webs for the clown room last year, we used minions blacklight glue sticks and ran them right thru color after color after color. I would think that if you want to have a flusher stick, I would just run to the store and pick up a few. I don't see wasting your time and money on gettin flusher sticks since they are relatively easy to purchase. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd agree...since they are fairly cheap and readily available almost anywhere (Michael's/Walmart/Walgreens) I don't think there's a real need for carrying them unless you can get them and offer them at extremely cheep prices. I'd buy if they were cheaper than the stores (including the shipping) just as flusher sticks.

And can't wait for the minis...yea!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well so far it seems to be a big NO. I'm glad I posted this question here. I hold you people here in high regard, and I consider this place a great cross section of the general haunt community. :D

PS Neither can I! LOL I must admit that I'm very curious about the colored mini's myself. A huge plus is that dollar stores carry mini glue guns for a buck. What could be cheaper to do a trial run of colored HG to see if you like them? I'm also interested to see if they do the finer detail, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.