Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Comics and I sort of parted ways a while back. It was probably around the time that Bagley was drawing my favorite book... The Amazing Spider-Man. IMHO, he ruined that book with bad artwork and the writing in that era was pretty trashy too.

I also used to read The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man very regularly, but lost interest when Hulk had all three personas combined into one and when Iron Man was confined to his suit. I dunno, I just guess the overall bad writing at Marvel in the mid-to-late 90s are what did me in.

Oh yeah, and I was also an avid reader of Milk and Cheese... dairy products gone bad. "Gin makes a man mean." Classic. :D

·
Premium Member
7,080 Posts
I really spent every dime I earned in High School on two things... my sub-par musical gear, and comics. I think most of it was spent on comics. Hell, to save enough money for *one*more*book*, I would even ride my bicycle to Quincy Center to save the bus fare it would have cost me.

All the things you mentioned are exactly what burned me out. In fact, at the end, I wasn't reading one single marvel or DC book... My purchases consisted of misc. issues of Hate, Milk and Cheese, and Savage Dragon. Anyone that knows any of those books, knows that release dates for all of them are sporadic at best, with Savage Dragon being the most remotely consistent.

Thanks to McFarlane's "Spider-Man" for igniting the whole dumbass variant cover crappola, and to Lee's "X-Men" for helping make it become the beast it came to be known as. ****... I think I still have all five covers of that dumb book.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.