Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good tutorials on how to control a deer motor with an Arduino? Is it even possible? I would like to be able to turn on an LED light and then a deer motor in that order at random intervals. If an Arduino is not the best way to go about this, does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sounds like that would be easy. Depending on the wattage / voltage of the LED light and deer motor, you may need some type of interface. The arduino can really only switch 5 volts at ~25mA per pin. But there are cheap/easy ways to get it to switch up to 120 volt AC line current, or even more. If you just want off/on, then a relay shield would probably work fine. If you want any type of speed control for the motor and bright/dimming on the LED, then you'd probably need a mosfet driver between the arduino and load. You could program 'random' right into the arduino sketch, or if you wanted to trigger based on something, that could be done, too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is fairly easy with the Octobanger. He has an example build on his site that is easy to follow and build. His show software is really nice too. It loads all the Arduino files for you and your show as well. The total cost of the system he shows is about $40 or so. Go to http://buttonbanger.com.

You can check out my 2021 build that uses the Octobanger controller...My Anabelle Fitswell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts