Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finished the goth gown! Yay! Overall, I'm pleased with it, although it's too big for me. :)

This is more of a theatrical and fun costume. Next I'll be getting down to more of the standard and classic haunt stuff, starting with a hooded cloak tomorrow.

Thanks everybody for listening to me progress through this project! :)

P.S. Skullboy - notice who's in the pictures! LOL

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
no wonder its been sew eat sew eat sleep drink
looks great

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of your positive comments!!! I just love making them.

Here are pics of the Jack the Ripper cloak and the vampire cape I made last year - modeled by Mr. Wicked.

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...and here's the cape - I was actually disappointed with the collar - I believe I mis-measured and made it too "short" (stoooopid me) - it should stand a bit higher. Nevertheless, it's not a total loss and has it's uses.

I wish the pic showed the detail of the red lining better - the texture is like crepe paper.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Those are beautiful! I'm pretty sure if I attempt my sewing plans this year based in part on your helpful advice, I won't even be close! That Ripper cloak rocks.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I for one love the dress. I think it would be even more enchanced by a black gossamer type cape that flows to the floor attached at the neck by a tall collar and at the elbows; sort of like an Evil Queen in an old faery tale. A shweet deal, nonetheless. :cool:

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Your costumes look great. You are quite the seamstress. I do some sewing, but am not in the class you are. I made all the kids costumes when they were younger. After they got older they wanted the "good" coustumes you get at the store. I was crushed. lol Again, great work.

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thanks for all of your very kind feedback! I honestly just enjoy making them... I'm quite motivated this year too. :)

Grass is always greener on the other side, scareme. heh
Ha! It's like when I make home made macaroni and cheese and my kids complain because they want the stuff in a box! :(

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Good Work Mrs W
do you make your own patterns also?
btw --cute puppy

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Work Mrs W
do you make your own patterns also?
btw --cute puppy
Thanks!!!

No, I don't make my own patterns. However, I'm seriously considering taking a course at the local community college for tailoring, modifications and pattern design. :)

We love the puppy! She's so good for such a young lab. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts