Haunt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of little things, where did the halloween count down wiget go to?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Bone Dancer said:
Speaking of little things, where did the halloween count down wiget go to?
That only ever existed on unpleasantstreet.com's pages and not on the forums. I can try to add it here as well, but if my memory serves me well (which it usually does not), I think there was a technical difficulty I had with adding it to forum pages. I'll look into it again and see what I can get.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Z, I like to know just how far up the creek I am. Pressure is a good motivational tool.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's more of a river and I paid this boatman to take me accross. He does'nt say much, but seems to know where he is taking me.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
The one I'm using is one I got from javascripts.com a loooooong time ago. I've just hacked it a bunch of times over the years to fit whatever web site I decided to use it with.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, I found one somewhere a while back too, though it needed a bit of debugging, since it was off by sometihng like a day and half, and would break after the day it was counting towards. Here's my current rework of it if you want to use it:

Code:
<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Snagged from hauntershangout.com -->
<!-- Debugged by necrobones.com (countdown off by 1, handles days after date better until updated) -->
<!-- Original: Alan Palmer -->
<!-- Web Site: <http://www.jsr.communitech.net> -->
<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! <http://javascript.internet.com> -->
<!-- Begin
var date = new Date("October 31, 2006");
var now = new Date();
var diff = date.getTime() - now.getTime() + 43200;
var days = Math.floor(diff / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24))+1;

if (days > 2) {
  document.write(days + " days until Halloween!");
} else if (days == 2) {
  document.write("Only two days until Halloween!");
} else if (days == 1) {
  document.write("Tomorrow is Halloween!");
} else if (days == 0) {
  document.write("Today is Halloween!");
} else {
  document.write("Halloween is over! Start planning for next year :)");
}
// End -->
</script>
This of course counts in "days" instead of breaking it down into hours and minutes. So for instance, today it says "145 days" instead of "144 days, 14 hours... etc" (for instance, if Halloween were tomorrow, it might only be a few hours away, so that counts as a "day").

·
Registered
214 Posts
hmm, I hope no one thinks I'm hijacking the thread, but on the subject of halloween counters... I had a good idea just now..

if you took a very simple, or perhaps more elaborate as you have time, peppers ghost illusion (similar to the "Big Scream TV" idea) with some plexiglass. and set up a floating counter in front of your house once it gets close... could be interesting to have a floating counter hovering in your yard...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts