Haunt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building these for the local fund raiser Haunted House at the Boys & Girls Club. The measure 6 ft 2 in tall and 15 in wide. 1x2 framing covered with pink styro 1/2 in thick. 1x3 rough cut pine joined with 45 deg miters for the top and middle joints. In this pic one column has two coats of dry loc on it. I have just finished aging the first column and painting the second with dry loc so more pics on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
The cracks and distressing really add to the look.

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
Craft my own animated props, create a huge display, visit local "Haunted Events"
1,525 Posts
They look good. A piece of advice? Do a paint wash over the whole column, maybe a few of them in different colors. It will make the coulumns look more weathered and its easy and cheap. You only need a couple of those little poster size paints from Micheals and water.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, glad to be wrapping these up....hate to owe anyone anything and these have been bugging me so I pushed them out this weekend. First wash of a watered down black after dry brushing. Another wash of dark mix and some moss and were wrapped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts