Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story:

We inherited my mom's car. Sister got the china cabinet, I got the car. Coming home with said car, wife gets in to an accident;

So, now we've got a real problem. But..........it gets worse. Who did she run in to? That would be ME. She was following me from getting the car.

I think my mom's car will be totaled, but the truck is just ugly enough to still be workable.

So, now I'm fighting with two different insurance companies with this story:

Wife hits husband while driving a car registered (and insured) to his dead mother. Talk about an insurance nightmare.

She got banged around pretty good, but nobody went to the hospital.

Wish us luck.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Glad you guys are ok but as you already know that just sucks! also seeing how Im always late with the news and replies, sorry to hear abour your mom.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Sorry to hear about mom. Good luck with the rest.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Sorry about your loss!
Dang she hit ya a good one.
Glad you guys are okay though.
Y insurance companies want your money but they sure don't want to pay ya when ya need it.

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
Damn, Slimy ol' buddy, you have got some bad mojo....

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gets better and better......

One insurance guy came out on Saturday. He spent a lot of time with the white car and then declared it was totaled. Then spent about five minutes on the pick up ( that I'm still driving around as our ONLY means of transportation) and declared it totaled also.

I find out that you can't run into yourself, so if my wife's name is on the pickup title, then NOBODY pays. Good news: the pickup's title is in my name exclusively. Bad news: the loan for the pickup is in the wife's name exclusively. I'm pretty sure that's illegal and this is a big mess.

My mojo must be working overtime.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I backed into my wife's car a couple of weeks ago in the driveway... luckily it was only a few feet back (rear window was covered in dew....) I was able to buff out the scuff. However, something tells me you won't be able to buff that out.... major bummer. At least everyone's allright.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Slimy, so sorry to hear about it all. Hopefuly something will work out for you.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I'm glad both of you are OK. I hope it works out with the insurance company in your favor when all this is done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts