Haunt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody know if spray paint eats this stuff?

I'm using it on a mask and so far I really like it. It air-dries and, though I didn't intend for this to happen, it is cracking a little here and there in interesting ways. Cleanup is easier than...well...basically there is no cleanup. It doesn't stick to you. Very light weight too.

But it's time to paint and, in typical fashion for me, I hadn't considered whether it was safe to spray paint until now.

CRAP, I mean "MODEL MAGIC," not Mold Magic. Mod, will you please correct that? I will sacrifice a sponge to the Rain Gods for you...

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,230 Posts
Yes, you can paint model magic. Unfortunately it does crack some, but generally only if you are covering a substructure (such as applying over a foam skull).

·
Registered
686 Posts
I need your rain gods! throw a sponge at them for TX- just not on friday or sat night.
Model magic shrinks as it dries im pretty sure thats where the cracking comes from- the slower the drying, the fewer the cracks.

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just spray painted the mask today, and was surprised that the paint did not reach into the cracks. I have a black mask with orange cracks, instead of the other way around. :) Maybe I can brush 'em in.

So far so good. I will post pix when it is "done," or done enough to ask for paint/finishing touch criticism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.