Haunt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Im looking for some ideas for some true creepy low lighting for out side haunt in a huge cemetery scene we are working on. I know traditional blue 100 watt flood lights are what alot of people use, but I need something with more of a glow rather then total illumination.

Any and all help much appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
C-9 Christmas lights?

Or C-7's, or the strings of all blue that you can get at places like Target. You have the option of stringing them out in a line, or leaving them in a coil in one place for more concentrated light, or some combination of both.

Example:

Not the most artful use of light, but it gets the idea across, anyway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Walmart sells colored fluorescent lights 60w. I bought a blue one. It looks really cool..and does give off that glow look. You can diffuse the light as well with some frosted glass/plastic. Just make a waterproof spotlight to fit it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I love using the flood lights thing, but more as and inside option as its more of a control situation. As for outside lighting as we all know it more or less just lights and area. I will try these options in the next couple of days to see how it works out.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I used 4' shop lights with black light tubes in my cemetary last year. (after I determined all the incandescent black lights were junk). I have to add more lighting this year. Do the blue spots give a better look and can you get them anywhere? I don't want total illumination either.

All my trees are behind the display. Are ya'll just setting up tripods in front and painting them black in this situation? I had everything on the ground pointed up at an angle last year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had made LED spots and floods in blue (and the reg. colors, plus IR and UV) that are outdoor safe.
You can dim them too.
Check them out here: www.minionsweb.com/osStore

Crap, I just remembered - I am already of of blue floods, only spots ( a few!) left, but I have green (I like better myself) in both.

Anyhow, take a look, it may interest you.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just purchased blue and green flood lights from minions web and would highly recommend these bulbs. They are excellent! See my review here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.