Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a large amount of creepy cloth(I think its cheesecloth?)I know places like Big Lots and walmart sell it.But its about $3 a pack.Each pack looks like its only enough to cover a small door.I need enough to cover a pretty large area.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
i think its about .40 or .50/yd now from walmart

i bought a bunch last year

1 pkg is 3 yds btw

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you go to walmart, you might have to ask the sales clerk in the fabric section for the bulk cheesecloth. It comes in plain brown boxes and usually they just stuff it under a display. It's not something that comes on bolts where they can display it easily.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
If you go to walmart, you might have to ask the sales clerk in the fabric section for the bulk cheesecloth. It comes in plain brown boxes and usually they just stuff it under a display. It's not something that comes on bolts where they can display it easily.
cool - thanks for the head's up :jol:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yeap... Black Cat knows the routine. It's bulk by the yard. You can get as many yards as you want and it's cheap. It's not the 3-yard pieces in the craft bag.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bulk for sure. What I do is hang some up, tear, rip, shred, whatever to get the torn look. I usually use scissors to cut slits and then shred the cuts so they look tattered. Then spray paint with gray, black, brown primer. They come out great and you can really get some different looks with this method. Never tried dying though, seems to messy for accident prone little old me. :)
Good luck, definitely cheaper then the fabric you can buy already done.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've tea stained all of my cheese cloth. Used a lot of that for curtains. I like to hang it over the shower curtain rod (shower curtain pushed well out of the way! ;);)) then I take a serrated knife to it. Makes great pulled shredded holes that way.

I wouldn't buy creepy cloth, too easy to make what I want out of plain ol' cheese cloth. Our Walmart doesn't sell it in the material dept, which really sucks! So I get mine in the paint dept. and it is still pretty cheap.

·
Registered
820 Posts
basically you dip it in tea, you never did that to paper with school reports?

anyway what do you guys do with creepy cloth?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hang it on tree branches so it sways in the chilly october air. Drape it over all lamp posts, perhaps some fencing. It works great to give anything that "old fashioned" look of being "kept" by (previous) owners.... Inside I like to do the same, drape it over furniture etc etc.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts