Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Starwars.com

"In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie, as well as the original theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and Jedi in 1983."

Gah. Enough is enough!:finger: :googly:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
hell I seen the first starwars so many times that I could recite the entire dialog... we had the video disk,(remember those). why would I need to buy the dvd. I can watch it in my head. :D

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I guess the good news about them re-releasing the older version is that I don't have to wait in lines for 3 hrs before I get in to see it like when it first came out. And 2nd I don't have to step on my poor dog's tail to hear the chewy sound. LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Dr Morbius said:
Personally, I don't have the old films, so I would love to have them on a cool DVD set. Thank you George Lucas..Don't listen to those guys.:D
This is exactly why he's a jackass. He releases one version saying he'll never release the older versions and then when he already has our money for the newer versions, he says he'll release them both on a new DVD set, KNOWING we'll blow our money AGAIN.

I'm such a sucker, that I'll probably be throwing down my $$ for them. Especially if some of the glaring audio problems from the last release are fixed.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
"We live in a material world and I am material girl" first said byMadonna - now Lucas!!!

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
See, if Frighterner wants to be a material girl - why not Lucas. God only knows how much he's going to make off this deal.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, great. Thanks George. Anything else you wanna crap out at us?:finger:

Video source: Same as used for the 1993 Definitive Collection Laserdisc.

Widescreen: Letterboxed, not anamorphic as the other Star Wars DVDs are. (IE, compared to most DVD releases which are anamorphic, these can't possibly look as good as good as they would if anamorphic.)

Note: These DVDs will apparently not include the amazing restoration seen in the Special Edition set. They will not look as good, nor will they sound as good as the Special Edition sets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't agree with his motives behind re-releasing the movies but I am glad to know that they will be available in their original form (before the screwed them up).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts