Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made it with thirty-four post not including this one. This is my Modular Haunted Attraction. I can carry it out to the cemetary, set up lights, place props bring back in to avoid vandals. Halloween I can put it out, throw some dirt around the base and be ready to go. Then bring it back in that night.
From the bottom up:
OSB board base: free from new house construction.
Blucky : free from wifes friend vandalized and was being tossed.
Base to hold Blucky: free scrap wood neighbors rotted fence/ nails & twine below
1st corpsing: Used spider webs 1/2 price after Halloween- .99
2nd corpsing: 1 roll dollar store duct tape- $1.00
Cheese cloth: 59 cents
Newspaper-free
Latex carpet glue- round up $12.00 say 1/4 tub-$3.00
Grey paint-$7.98 quart-say 1/4 qt-$2.00
Black paint: traces mixed with water/ sponged on wiped off-$2.00
White paint: traces/ dry brushed-$2.00
Twine: $3.99 for 500 ft, .0079 per foot 5 feet on corpse and tree- .04 cents
Grass: free from empty lot, base to attach grass free from neighbors fence/ nails below
Coffin lid: wood free from neighbors fence/ nails below
Nails: 1 1/4" finishing 584 per $2.33 pound 24 used on total project- 10 cents
Tree: Free branches from empty lot, tied together using Twine. Already listed.
Base to hold tree: scrap wood from new house-free/ 3 screws-.10 cents
Sign holder: free wood from fence/ nails listed above
Plastic-$18 for roll 10 x 100. 1 foot used at .18 cents.
Red paint: 10 brush dips out of $7.98 qt. Say .50 cents
I'll round up to $13.00. Went way over priced on paint/latex prices, I know it wasn't nearly that much but wanted to be sure and fair. Went out to store to get prices since everything I used I already had. Which is kinda cool to make something last minute like this and not have to go out and spend any money. :D

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Another member that I can't mess with because I don't know them. Oh well.

I really like this one. Of course the house in the background gives me some ideas for Christmas. I know I said Christmas. I should be beaten.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Great job darryl, glad you were able to enter the contest. I really like the idea of putting everything on a single base to make setting up your haunt easier. The whole scene looks great!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Great job! I love fixtured like that, very nice work

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I'm still sick as all get out but made myself get up at 4:30 am today to finish the banner and make post, I was way to close to give up. I couldn't sleep because all I could think about was how it sucked that we've been working our tail feathers off and I've just been coming home and going straight to bed every day this week. I finished it and posted right before I had to be at work at 6:30. Your generous comments have made it worth will.
By the way Death Touch, I'm pretty laid back go ahead and make fun, just be ready to receive back!!! :devil:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
This is one of the entries that's making it hard for me to just pick one to vote on tomorrow! I must say, this is probably one of the most inventive (along with the Devil Rose) prop ideas in this contest.

Just curious, how heavy is this setup?

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
darryl said:
Thanks everyone. I'm still sick as all get out but made myself get up at 4:30 am today to finish the banner and make post, I was way to close to give up. I couldn't sleep because all I could think about was how it sucked that we've been working our tail feathers off and I've just been coming home and going straight to bed every day this week. I finished it and posted right before I had to be at work at 6:30. Your generous comments have made it worth will.
By the way Death Touch, I'm pretty laid back go ahead and make fun, just be ready to receive back!!! :devil:
I am beyond the petty joking. I don't need to resort to tomfoolery to get a laugh. I respect you as an honored home haunter here at Unplesant Street. I wish you luck, my friend.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomfoolery is just not a word you hear everyday!!! Hope my comment wasn't taken wrong, just wanted to let you know I'm up for some fun here to. I feel like I'm finally home.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Well, darryl you just fell for the big joke of the year. If I had pulled the same prank on Dr. M, he would have told me to take a flying leap. LOL.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am so used to those stupid Star Wars forums where people think they are gods to the newbies and just love to shred people to peices for not being "respectful" to the Elders.
The gloves are off, but I'm going to take a shower now, I stink!!

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I know what you mean about that. I also belong to PlanetChristmas.com and they are little like that. It is more like “Harry and The Henderson” around here. Of course the Harry in that movie stunk too. So I probably didn't explain that very well. OH, well you will find out for yourself.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
DeathTouch said:
I know what you mean about that. I also belong to PlanetChristmas.com and they are little like that. It is more like "Harry and The Henderson" around here. Of course the Harry in that movie stunk too. So I probably didn't explain that very well. OH, well you will find out for yourself.
DAmmit DT..Did you FART?!:sick:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOOOSH!!!! There goes my eyebrows...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.