Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hit any day after sales? I went to Spencer's and made out like a bandit. I got $150 worth of stuff for $34!!! They're at the 75% off mark and I had a "$20 off any $40 or more purchase" coupon.

Here's what I got:
  • 1 Red Devil Dog
  • 1 Head on a Stake
  • 1 Lobotomy Electra

At Wally World, I got some stuff too.
  • 1 400W Fogger
  • 4 Quarts of fog fluid (gallons seem to be sold out around here)
  • 1 Medieval looiking skull mace
  • 1 Medieval looking sword

Here's some photos of my haul!

·
Registered
44 Posts
How much did you pay for the fogger... I saw they were still for $17 yesterday... I was just wondering if they went down any. The wal-mart by me still had about 50 of them left.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just picked up 2 of them, no fog juice left though.... They really need to stock more equal amounts of things at the wal mart here in town... They had entire shelves full of fog machines and only a tiny section for the juice. Just the normal wal-mart way I suppose, "just sell them the product, who cares what happens afterwards..." They also only had one box of the cob web bags in white and about 30 boxes of them in glow in the dark... Oh well, at least it was a good deal on the foggers, thanks for the info...

·
Registered
15 Posts
After reading Zombie's post, I was inspired to head out during lunch. Unfortunately Spencer's was pretty well cleaned out by the time I got up there. So I went over to Spirit. They weren't at 75% off yet, but for 50%off I managed to get some good deals. I was surprised to find they still had a decent selection of their 'deluxe' costumes (the ones that come in the garment bags) so I picked up mine and hubbies costumes for next year.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
We just got back in, didn't buy all that much as most stores had been completely empty of Halloween merchandise for the last few weeks. We did go to Walgreens and stocked up on Monster gloves and skeleton bone gloves for $2 a pair, and another spirit ball for $10. We also bought a second Lightning F/X box at the local garden center for $17, those things are awesome and drew lots of comments.Black Cat also bought another large Gortrait for $12, and a smaller one for $5.50. The Gortraits were also a big hit this year. Target had foggers for $10, and fog juice for $2.50 a quart. I was amazed at my restraint in not buying any. I did however buy a huge medieval sword for $5, and Black Cat picked up one of the animated busts at $12.50, not to mention some Peeps, lol. Everything at Target was 50% off, but there was almost nothing left. We went to Kmart and walked out empty handed, everything 50% off, but nothing worthwhile left.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Bought a Spirit Ball for 17.50... Now I just got to take the thing apart to make it look good. LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
The stores near me had already been picked clean before Halloween so I ended up ordering a few licensed latex masks that were discounted at an online store.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Nothing left but rubber snakes and superman costumes no purchases here

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
7am walmart, one fogger, the last controler, wigs, cape, glow stiks,crawling spiders 2,
8am kmart, two flying ghosts, witch mask, two pairs of monster hands,4ft tall hanging reaper
Everthing 50% off and i was the first one thru the door

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
This is the first year I can remember not hitting the sales. Didn't have a lot of extra cash that I thought I might (spent it on last minute stuff a couple days ago), and I was just bushed. Got up at 8:30 and started tearing down/packing up. Spent the better part of the day doing this. I may go tomorrow to see if anything is left but I doubt it. I did pick up a few things at Kmart last year that were 90% off. Hope you all made out like fat rats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are the retailers getting smarter about their stock levels, or are people just getting less interested in Halloween? A Couple years ago most of the major retailers (Target, Walfart, etc) in my area still had tons of good stuff at discounted prices after Halloween. Last year it seemed like there was significantly less and this year almost nothing but picked over costumes and the cutesy Fall decor. The timers for the fog machines were sold out everywhere I looked a week before Halloween. I did get some great deals at Spencer's on some masks, skulls, and a giant spider. I was happy about that!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I spent the rest of my 150 dollars from donations tonight at spencers and menards. I got some really great masks at spencers... i'll be adding photos to my site tomorrow hopefully so check it out for an update. i also got a pirate looking skull with cross bones, 2 bats, and a furry spider from menards. It was a lot of fun having all that money and everything was so cheap! Spencers was 75% off but menards only 50%... i'll be calling tomorrow to see when they go 75% off because there were a few other things i would like to get!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I went over to Spirit and Spencer's yesterday (the day after), and Spencer's had little left other than masks and makeup. Spirit had a handwritten sign that said "sorry closed today"... which is sad since they still had tons of stuff in there, but they were apparently using the day to box it up instead of sell it at a discount.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts