Haunt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered the Dayton 2Z806 gear motor by Grainger is discontinued. I don't know why, I sent them a few emails and am awaiting replies. I figured sales for them for FCG's alone would keep the line going.
That's the bad news.
The good news is that I'm currently in process of securing an alternate of the Dayton to be carried on Monster Guts. In every way the replacement will mirror the Dayton, (torque, load, etc.) except it will be 5 rpm's instead of 6. For some reason 6 is a strange number where rpm's in gearmotors are concerned, maybe why Dayton dropped them. The motors I'm working on procuring are of equal quality, but will be less expensive.
Just thought I'd give anybody thinking about building an FCG this year the heads up.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Thanks BuriedAlive. Very interesting and disappointing news. However the last 2Z806 I purchased from the local Grainger did not work out of the box. I had to take it apart and swap out the gears to get it to run. Maybe there were some production problems that led to it being discontinued.

Good to see you're getting a replacement. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thats a bummer, part of the reason I bought mine was that there are replacement parts available for it. I figured it would last a long time and if I messed up the gears or something I could replace individual parts on it. I wonder if they will get rid of the replacement parts for it too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts