Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I really didn't have time to get this thing done so I slapped some paint on it tonight while cleaning the pool. True multitasking if I might say so myself. I don't have a how to because I still cleaning the pool. But I got pictures and my materials list.

Number Material cost total
5 1x2x8 1.50 a piece 7.50
N/A scrap foam 7.50 7.50
N/A Screws 2.50 2.50
1 Spray texture 3.50 3.50
N/A Dry wall compound N/A N/A used to seal screws.
Total 21

On the spray texture I only used it to spray in the crosses. I was hoping for a different effect, which I didn't get. I didn't use the whole bottle but since I am not close to the maximum total, I just left it that way. Also the total number of piece of wood could have been way less for this project. Initially, the project was supposed to resemble a book but circumstances caused me to change my plans. On the front it says "Heavily Sobs the mourners of death, trivial rituals for those who are left." Date on top. 1818-1847. Name is Kilroy. Just to let everyone know that Kilroy was here. LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
My man, the thing looks great to me. Really great. I can only hope my obelisk (which I can finally work on again) turns out half as good.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Agreed! DT, that is one good-looking stone. Very realistic texturing and epitaph.

·
Registered
797 Posts
That's your idea of just slapping something together?! ;) Really, DT, it looks wicked. I really like the texture of it, and I want to know how you got your letting to come out so crisp and easy to read.

·
Registered
94 Posts
DeathTouch said:
Well, I really didn't have time to get this thing done so I slapped some paint on it tonight while cleaning the pool.
Its not done? I slapped some paint on it? Are you kidding me? I can only hope that any project that I would do would look as good as that one that you just slapped some paint on and its not the way you wanted.

Excellent job, and I too want to know how you did those letters.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
krough said:
What he said, Although im not building an Obelisk
My krough skull guy will go right in front of it. Going to try sluch latex with paper mache. Don't know what it will do, but I am going to try.

Thank you very one for the comments.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Opps, I noticed that I forgot to add paint and glue. Both I already had from the crypt so I would have just put down Free, since I have been using both for the pass year.

If I had enough time to do the tombstone like I want, I was going to make it into a book. The writing would have said this instead of just the first few lines. I thought this up while doing overtime.

Heavily sob the mourners of death.

Trivial rituals for those that are left.

A river of tears yet wasted on me,

it quenches thy thirst from ye own family tree.

So, cast out ye thoughts and I shalt whittle them to stone,

for the folk engulfed by darkness and left here alone.

Read ye not aloud thy last empty page

Darkened words erased by thy rage.

Six strikes thy clock but all ye is not well.

One hand points to heaven,

thy other chooses hell.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you very much. I think I should have taken a picture of it during the day light. You can see it better. The flash doesn't show it off. But that is water under the bridge. My next tombstone will be animated. I am going to make this cross below and put a motor with a light on it so it looks like the light is swirling. Here is the only picture I have for the idea. I think it might look cool. But first I really like the idea of the wooden cross that Otaku built. It is very simple and easy to make. I think I would like to build of few of those today, if I have time.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I already bought the motor for it. It should be strong enough to move a small blade. Then I just need a light and the smoke machine I just bought, and I should be golden. Thank you Dr.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is my corpse I am going to put in front of this tombstone. Right now it is just in the 1st stage, but I am working on it. I might have to use this method and paper mache for my ScareFX witch. I am hoping it turns out ok.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.