Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, this is my first thread so please bear with me :D With the help of heresjohnny, Krough, and Vlad ~ and any one i have left out, sorry ~ I have started on my Demon Under the Stairs. Here is a pic of what I used:

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took two red LEDs and connected them to a resistor~that came in the package. And connected that to a 6 inch male power lead that plugged into a AC to DC MultiVoltage Power adapter. Then plugged that into a socket adapter which i had screwed into one of the motion sensor sockets. I connected the wires from the motion sensor to some 20 gauge Hook up wire and put a male plug on the end of it. Then plugged it into the wall, set the switch to test and whola! :jol: My Demon under the stairs was born!

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks HJ and BD! Now I have to solder my connections. Just hot glued and taped to make sure it worked! LOL Then will make a box for the motion sensor to sit near my sidewalk. Can only imagine all the fun I'm going to have with that this Halloween! When they walk up they wont know what hit em! muwhaaahahahahahah :>

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
nice job fangs! you did an excellent job! i might have to make one for myself! :D:D
i think i am going to have something like that, except for LEDS to turn on i'm going to have a strobe light.
if i have any problems think you can help me out?

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Sin and FYF!!! :>

If I can help you out FYF I certainly will! If not I know who possibly could! LOL :)

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hey great idea. I have my inside display in my basement. This would be a cool way to scare them since its my halloween village and not scary...cool thanks

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
It is alive! lol Way to go DFBL. Your demon still in the wrapper looks great, LOL. Private joke folks sorry. In all seriousness, it came out just fine. Now you see that there's nothing to making props other than conceiving an idea, and asking questions on anything that has you stumped. there's no such thing as a prop that someone can't build. the talent pool is large enough around here to come up with answers to most everything. So what's the next project?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think the flicker is just from moving the camera around. From the description, the LEDs would just have a constant brightness.

Nice and easy project. It would also be good for distracting people so that you can do something else to really scare them.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Nice! I've been looking for a simple way to do motion activation. This may be it.

How much was total cost?

I have no idea how to hook up the wiring to the motion detector. Would you post more pics please of the finished product? :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts