Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think male haunters are more serious/gruesome and female haunters tend to be more cute and clever? Just something I was thinking about looking at everyones web sites....what your take on this?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
to quote my wife..."Halloween is.....NOT.....CUTE!" She despises the cutesy displays, but then again she has to put up with my stuff all year long, so maybe she is just a bit biased.....

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I myself ( female) do not like "cutsey" at all for Halloween for haunted houses, or my displays.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I agree that Halloween is definitely not cute. I don't use gore, though. I prefer a high creepiness factor. I don't know if this is a M/F thing - the members here prove that! LOL

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Gendar has no bearing on how a person views halloween. To say males are more gruesome and females cute is about the same as saying girls cant play with toy trucks and boy cant play with dolls (sorry, action figures).

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I enjoy cute for my 2 year old son and the younger tots. For myself, I also enjoy scary as do most adults I think.

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
I agree that Halloween is definitely not cute. I don't use gore, though. I prefer a high creepiness factor. I don't know if this is a M/F thing - the members here prove that! LOL
This best describes my tastes as well.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I think the difference between women and men haunters are, men are more prone to leave the tomb lid up more than women.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I think the difference between women and men haunters are, men are more prone to leave the tomb lid up more than women.
I strongly agree I really wish she would put the seat down and clothes the door.:D

I see no real difference

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't go for cutesy, either. And I hate those simpering faces that have cropped up on everything the past few years. They make me sick. :p

I think it will end up being pretty even as far as we women wanting scary and even gross along with the men.

·
Registered
831 Posts
No gore. Nothing scary or creepy. Lots of bright flashing lights, butterflies and puppies.
Oh talking about Halloween not my Arbor Day display. Well then. Still no gore (no guts, no blood), no actors. High creepiness. I don't go for the scare at all.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I go for a great scare and hate the cute stuff. Maybe if I still had little kids I'd tone it down a little. Ah, who am I kidding.....I'd scare the ever living crap outta them...just ask them...I did it when they were younger LOL.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It was for a woman on freecycle who requested CUTE stones so her little kids didn't get scared!!!!!!!!! Be careful or you're face will be on the next one....MUWAHAHAHAHAHA :zombie:

·
Registered
743 Posts
heheh get him trishanne!

I don't like cute, BUT I DID do cute for 2 years because my youngest was terrified and I mean TERRIFIED of Halloween stuff... even if you put on a funny cute mask, he would freak out. So, we had cutesy ghosts and bats and pumpkins until he was 2...(gawd that was tuff) then I changed it, and he watched me make stuff. Now he is right into it. (Whew) and always wants to help make stuff. And tries everytime we are at the doctor to convince the doctor to give me the skeleton in his office.

I don't like gore at all though, and keep it out of my displays.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't do cute, either.

My husband and I really work to evoke a complete feeling of spookiness and unease, without the gore. My aim has always been for our haunt to feel like a "real" haunted house.

On the other hand, inside the house, I really like to decorate with vintage-style Halloween decorations. Does that fall into the realm of cute?

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Interesting question.

I go somewhere in between. Cute has its place, especially with smaller kids who are scared. I don't see traumatizing them so they don't like the holiday.

I don't do a whole gory/gruesome display because of the amount of smaller children I get every year but I try to make it kinda creepy so it will appeal to a larger audience. I have some cute stuff in the house but I decorate outside with more traditional halloween props. Ghosts, JOLs, skeletons, etc. One year I had a prop with gory cross mark burned into her forehead..it had me creeped out!

I like the gory props, and I like just plain creepy looking props. My tastes have changed a lot over the years. I had more cute stuff when I was younger but it has gotten creepier over the years.

I don't know if gruesome vs cute is skewed to either side in these forums because the people here are really into prop building and like all kinds of stuff. Lack of gore doesn't necessarily mean cute. You used the word "clever" to go with cute on the gal's side. I think clever goes with both equally but I don't know that I have seen more gore/grisly from either side more than the other.

Guys vs Gals
Greusom vs Cute
Dunno!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts