Haunt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
3,385 Posts
SpookySam, the MP3 player you're thinking of was being sold by MPJA for $5. They sold out their stock. The one that Monger posted is the same unit that MPJA had for sale. Looks like somebody grabbed some to make a few bucks. The one you found says it has no internal memory, and probably needs a card to store files. I'd say the one that Monger found is the better deal.

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SpookySam, the MP3 player you're thinking of was being sold by MPJA for $5. They sold out their stock. The one that Monger posted is the same unit that MPJA had for sale. Looks like somebody grabbed some to make a few bucks. The one you found says it has no internal memory, and probably needs a card to store files. I'd say the one that Monger found is the better deal.
I agree...I just couldn't find the $5 ones anywhere. Has anybody seen them anywhere else? I hate buying from ebay.

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Premium Member
3,385 Posts
It's pretty sad that these small players aren't readily available for $2-$3. Kids today won't use these and you know there have to be thousands sitting around in warehouses unsold.
I agree, there must be tons of 'em sitting somewhere getting dusty. I go to medical device trade shows now and again, and the guys at the booths are handing these things out like candy. They load a promo file in them, and most people listen to it once and throw the player in the trash.

· Premium Member
3,385 Posts
I just got a note from Jeff Wheat at SimpleCircuitBoards.com. He has designed three versions of the MP3/timer controller circuit that I designed for the $20 Prop contest earlier this year. The latest version uses a trimpot, much like my original design, to set the time for playback length. He's selling these for $45 assembled (including the MP3 player), and $30 for the kit. You can email him at [email protected].

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.