Haunt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
My Avatar DANCES!
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Do any of you Broadcast music over the radio for their haunt?

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
That would be me. I use Ramsey Transmitter. But, I had a problem at Christmas when my dog bumped it off the table and then ate it. But, I working on making another before Halloween. Right now I have a wireless speaker in the yard till I get another transmitter.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Did you get an FCC license or do you just do it regardless figuring you won't get caught since you only do it one night out of the year?

I looked into getting some Ramsey stuff once to run my own little radio station out of my house and decided to look into how to do it legally... it was a little too ridiculous for me to even have bothered.

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
This transmitter only transmits three blocks. As long you don't have your neighbors gripping you will be fine. They have high power transmitters, but you have to tell them you live in a small country. LOL. You could get away with that too if not transmitting on side bands.

Now, if you got into Ham radio then you can really transmittin legally. General Radio license, now we are talking. That is the way to go.

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
I found some information about the FCC rules that Ramsey says about low power tansmitters. This is their link. They are pretty much saying that if you go beyond the scope of this transmitter, than yeah, the FCC could come calling. But, as long as you stay at low power and not bother anyone with your signal, you should be fine. Not 100% mind you. But, you can get in trouble with a walk-talkie too, if it goes out of spec or sprays.

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/resource/default.asp?page=fcc

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
You guys are just way over my head high tech wise. I just make my own cd and stick my daughters player in the front window.

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
Vlad said:
You guys are just way over my head high tech wise. I just make my own cd and stick my daughters player in the front window.
Man, you are worse than Pandora. Her idea of making the magic mirror for Halloween is a mask and flashlight. No fun.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got a couple MP3 FM transmitters for $12.50 shipped off Ebay. They arrived today :D

On a pretty much totally clear channel, I got around 60 - 70 feet. On a slightly static channel, it was still around 50 feet. This was in open space, not transmitting through anything. The specs on them from other sites tend to state 10 - 30 feet for range. So maybe someone else's experience may vary.

Here is an ebay auction link for the 2 I got. http://preview.tinyurl.com/4mrkdr
These are digital units and you can transmit on any of the FM range. Has 3 memory channels, backlight. Pretty sweet in my book.

I have been watching the Crane and Ramsey FM transmitter auctions, but don't believe I need to do that anymore as I am happy with the range with these.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, for now, heck with the FM transmitter..... Im gonna infringe on ALL my neighbors! I have some friends at a local music store that are making me a great deal to rent 2 15" P.A. speakers, amplified (400 watts) with a 6 channel mixer! Im going to pipe my thunder track through it with some sound effects in the back ground.... so needless to say it will be storming in the neighbor hood!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts