Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing the Dollar Tree looking for a pencil sharpener on vacation (don't ask) I came upon a super small Halloween display. They had heavy resin table top gargoyles and tombstones, along with pretty decent foam tombstones that measure about 12". Definitely worth $1! The guy behind the counter said they'll be getting more halloween things in, but seeing as they have a full wall of Christmas :)sick: ) decorations I'm not too sure where the hell they'd put any of it...

So yeah, $1 resin gargoyles and tombstones!!:D

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Hey DLC, I stopped in there last week. I also bought one of the small headstones, it's really nice. I also bought some of the Gargoyles, but if I'm pretty sure they're cement. But they are nice. Our store here in NJ also was chock full of X-Mas.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Yeah! I just saw those last week in the one over here! For a buck a pop... I see equivalent stuff in other stores going for over 5 bucks. Schweet. And they had really nice 4 or 5-foot autumn leaf garlands too. We've had such a bad drought in this area we're probably not going to get any fall colors, so maybe I'll buy some of those just to have some fall atmosphere around here. :jol:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
haha I hate US stores opening up in Canada...I like supporting our products. Having said that...I want all stores that sell Halloween stuff to set up here now....Excluding starbucks. they can burn in coffee hell.

·
Registered
903 Posts
last year I got some really cool remakes of old horror movie posters like frankenstien,werewolf the mummy from the dollar tree. I can't wait to see what ours has this year

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
I'm with Dr. M. I usually buy a couple of those.

I stopped by there today and bought 5 small tombstones. They are going up on the brickwork of my house.
I also bought a witch-broom ink pen, a freezie cup with bats on it, some JOL cut-outs and several flicker tea lights.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I loved the DVD's from last year. And they had stuffed Frankensteins and Dracula's! All that goodness at a $1 a pop. big luv for Dollar Tree-- when they've got the good stuff. All the Xmas things though have me worried that they're only going to have that little section and nothing else this year. It's like TV on Halloween-- they seem to do an every other year Halloween-heavy rotation.

You know what I'm saying? Or is that just me being really hard to please?

·
Registered
25 Posts
so, dollar tree stores sell stuff for only $1? some dollar stores sell cheaper than normal retail stores, but I didn't know some dollar stores sell for a $1! I'll have to go find one.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
yup I hopped on my bike and took a ride..got a couple of the bigger gargoyles and some of the smaller tonbstones
thanks

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
Yep, the Dollar Tree has every item at $1.00 or 2 for $1.00.
The was a store in Baton Rouge called "only a buck". It had the cutest little decorations that looked like they would cost a lot more. They closed down...I was so upset.

The Dollar Tree has, table covers, witch bottles, light up ink pens, straws, bags of bugs, wire baskets and lots of other stuff also. I think they are carrying more than have in the past.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I'm gonna go back and get a couple more tombstones and one or two of the gargoyles. I dunno, I wasn't too impressed with the ones I saw, but for a buck who really cares?

The kid/toy aisle has toy entrees with bugs mixed in too. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.