Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As you've all no doubt noticed, over the past few days the site has been down. This coupled with the other various problems we've experienced here since the first of the year have caused me to feel no confidence in our current web hosting provider. In light of this, I have purchased hosting from another provider.

What this means is sometime tomorrow evening I will take the site down and start the process of moving files and getting the server's location updated. This may take between 24 and 48 hours to complete. To minimize data loss, the forums will be unavailable during that time.

I'm saddened by the quality of service I've received over the past few months, and I apologize for the downtime and other problems we've encountered here. I've been with this host since 1998, so it pains me to move on given my history with them, but their quality just isn't what it used to be.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it possible to keep a chat room open somewhere to avoid withdrawal?
I'll see what I can do. It's all kinda linked to work together, so maybe not. We'll see what I can scrape up real quick. :D

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I haven't been able to post in about a week, because of tech week and actual shows. I'm slowly catching up. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a solution that will minimize down time to hours instead of days. So, tonight at about 6:00 PM, the site will go down for a few hours while I move files and set things up on the new host.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Good to know i was planning on avoiding my husband tonight with HF. LOOL

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've decided to postpone this move until the weekend. That way, if I run into any problems I won't be up until the wee hours of the morning on a work night trying to fix it. :p

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Whew, Thanks Zombie-F! I have been having withdrawal symptoms all day! :devil: LOL :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts