Haunt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I heard the news about an hour ago. This is a day I did not want to see come. Those who know me know that The Andy Griffith Show is my favourite TV show (we watch it at least once a day) and Don Knotts was a big part of that. He was, in my opinion, the greatest TV comedy actor ever, and a fine gentleman. I met him once and he was as personable and nice as I could have hoped for. At least I have that (and an autographed photo).

I am so sad. God bless Don Knotts.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Barney Fife was the man! It's a sad day indeed when good folks like him are called away and dregs like Ashton Kutcher are still around stinking up theaters with their tripe.

RIP Don; you will be missed. :(

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
so sad indeed, he will be missed. He really was a joy to watch.

·
Registered
458 Posts
How sad. I LOVED his movies when I was a kid (still do).The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, The Shakiest Gun in the West and The Reluctant Astronaut were my favorites.
RIP Don, you'll be missed.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You know what, I really am sad to hear that. He was always hallarious in Threes company and Andy Griffiths and I watched Plesentvill so many times (He was the TV repair man) And thought his apperance in 8 Simpal rules before John Ritter died was the funniest thing in the world.

Farewell Mr. Knotts, you well be missed.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The Ghost and Mr Chicken was one of the funniest movies ever!

The younger comedians today adore him - and were so inspired by him. Jim Carrey only wishes he could do a "nervous take" like Mr Knotts!

We have lost one of the great ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.