Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn the lights on. Something's touching my leg and there's a weird noise coming from the corner of the room!

I can't express how glad I am that I found this place. My brain is fried and I've run out of ideas for my haunt. I'm not the best at this internet thing and just overlooked ya'll for quite a while now. Let me introduce myself and what it is that I do.

My haunt name is Fookie. It's pronounced like "cookie" but with an "F". Fookie was a real person that lived on the outskirts of town when my dad was just a kid. I'm 34 so this would have been in the late 1950's. Fookie was mentally disabled and lived with his parents all his life. He wasn't able to do anything without supervision and helped his father cut firewood for a living. Fookie stacked the wood for his dad. In his spare time Fookie walked through the woods near his house and stacked up random pieces of wood he found. He always stacked them with 2 pieces parallel to each other and then the next 2 pieces turned 90 degrees to the previous pieces. Over the years, there were literally hundreds of these small stacks of wood all through the woods. My dad told us this story when we were kids and how he and others would find the old decaying stacks of wood even years after Fookie died. He said it was very creepy to be way out in the middle of nowhere hunting and run across the wood stacks. That story stuck with me all this time and even today I expect to find a neatly stacked pile of wood every time I'm on my parent's property!

I design, build and participate in a haunted house for a small town non-profit organization. We use an old gym built in the 1920's for our Halloween Carnival and we use the basement for the haunted house. We are only open 2 nights and average 350 visitors a year. This will be the sixth consecutive year we have done this in addition to the few years we did it in the 90's. We have a budget of about $500 and we receive support from local businesses for anything we need like building materials, etc. I average about 15-20 "monsters" that help every year. They range in age from teenagers to a few in their 60's. We have a great time building the haunt with the payoff being the 2 nights we are open. There's just something about scaring a person really good that gets in your blood.

I'm sorry to say that we never really documented our haunts so I have almost no pictures from the past 5 years. I plan to fix that this year and document what we do so I can share it online. I really wish I could have my own website but I'm not real computer literate so I'll have to work on that.

This is a great forum and I've already got a bunch of ideas in just the week I've been lurking here.

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
Loved the story.
You know in the future people will see a dark figure stacking wood out there.

Welcome to our haunt. We hope you stick around....... and make sure you take pics this year. We love pics! If you don't take pics the real Fookie will start stacking wood in your closets at night.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome Fookie! This is a great resource for so much information and inspiration! We may start seeing some stacks of wood in honor of "Fookie"......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.