Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Daphne, I made four of them last year and It was my first attemp at building anything. It really wasn't hard to do. The tree face your looking at isn't what you want. You need an actual douglas fir tree with an AUX jack on the back to plug in your sound to, an i-pod, cd player or mp3. There are instructions to make a talking skeleton with a dougy tree without the AUX but it is harder to do and requires some sodering I believe. If you look on e-bay you might be able to find some dougies, that's where I found all mine. The instruction I found to be the easiest for a beginner is Kickthefog.com. Don't let the length of the instructions scare you, you'll need the detailed instructions trust me. I studed every other instruction I could find and this was very easy to follow.

http://www.kickthefog.com/talking_skull.htm

·
Registered
405 Posts
I didn't use masks on mine, but I don't see any reason you couldn't. You know the Boris hack will probably be alot more cost effective that a douglas fir tree as those usually sell for $25.-$50. depending on how lucky you get. And you would still need the skull. So a Boris head for $20. sounds good to me too. And don't worry about asking dumb questions, you see we all had to start somewhere and I think the old saying goes the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.