Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Zombie-F said:
Oh man, that thing is awesome. I guess I gotta step it up for my comedy club idea and have the comedian have some eye and head movement. Totally awesome Dr. M!
Thank you sooo much for those kind words, Zombie! And also thanks for helping me with my HTML...I never would have known my pics were pointing in the wrong place, as my browser finds them on my drives...and displays them fine for me! LOL!

Anyways, I was thinking about your comedy club too, and I think you have a great opportunity to put some eyes in those Buckys of yours. Really brings them to life, IMO.

Thanks Hella and Merlin for the praise also!

·
DeceptiProp
5,322 Posts
19.99. Give me a break. LOL. And his name is Wilfred. I suppose he plays cards too?

Ok, all joking aside. Awesome prop Dr. I really love this prop. Being a tech I always love when someone adds a bit of life to a prop. So to speak. And it has the most evil look that is to die for. Ok, that was joke. I had to throw that in. Plus, you could of added more circuits if you had used a cheaper shirt. Using a Donny Osmond throw-back just cost too much for a 20 dollar prop. Ok, I couldn't help myself. That was another joke. So, to speak.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey, the $19.99 cost came as a surprise to me too! It was probably less, as I overestimated the proration of the burlap and chickenwire. I just wanted to make sure no fudging took place. I know you were joking, but I was really sweating the costs, and scrounging as best I could...Accumulating the material didn't take half as long as trying to figure out what to substitute stuff for materials I usually use. :googly:

Anyways, Donny say's he borrowed it from Elton John, who says he would gladly donate the coat to such a great cause!:p

Thanks for the compliments my friend.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey Doc

All I can say is WOW.

That is a fantastic prop at any price.
Thanks for sharing the how to. It was very informative.
About how long did it take to construct ?

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SpectreTTM said:
Hey Doc

All I can say is WOW.

That is a fantastic prop at any price.
Thanks for sharing the how to. It was very informative.
About how long did it take to construct ?

Tom
Thanks Tom!..Yea, it took about 5 weeks, working on it on weekends, but only because I had to redo the neck section, and at the beginning, just trying to figure out how to mount ANYTHING to styrofoam, like the eyes and the servos..Making homemade washers...Oh man, what a pain! Crap like that. You get the idea.

·
DeceptiProp
5,322 Posts
Well, on my end now it is still doing it but for some reason, at work, the pages are not updating very good. Even if I do a page refresh. I will have check out home unless someone can check now for you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.