Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's another dryer lint clay project for me. This time I'm using the lint clay as my sculpting compound. I started with a damaged styro wig head, melted out the eye sockets and cut off the jaw. I'm using the dryer lint clay to make the skin details for it before covering it in a dyed latex skin. Wish me luck with this. I'm also using Deadspiders idea of tin foil ears and then covering them in the lint clay. So far it's working out great and saved me the trouble of making wire framed ears.

I also made a different dryer lint clay recipe for this purpose.
Recipe is:
2 cups of dryer lint broken into bits
6 tablespoons white glue (finially getting to use up all the partially used bottles)
1 tablespoon Ajax dish detergent
1/3 cup warm water.
Mix ingredients wearing disposable gloves. Once mixed place in food processor and whip away. Remove to a ziplock bag and let it sit for several hours before using it. I made a batch two weeks ago and the dryer lint clay is still fresh and usable if kept sealed.
Dryer lint clay prop head pictures by troop134 - Photobucket

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Good Progress so far Black Cat..
those teeth are pretty cool

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it was walmart a couple years ago had the teeth as well. Vlad and I stocked up on all sorts of styles of teeth.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I like the nose, too. A lot of people put all their focus on the mouth and eyes and the nose just doesn't quite make it. This guy's got personality!:jol:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Revenant. The hardest part for me is always the mouth and the nose. I'm liking this nose but won't get the full effect until the lint clay is covered with latex and painted. Having a daughter who is very much into art helps alot when I'm working on a prop.

·
Registered
959 Posts
You must do a lot of laundry.lol

Looks great! I especially like the eyes. They look like they're looking right through you.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sickie I just ask Vlad last night what he thought the character of my new prop should be and he came up blank. I've been starring at him every day since he is sitting on top of my computer. Reverand??????...gonna have to think about that one.

I ripped off his ears the other night, didn't like the lint clay ones so I'm back to making him a new set using foil and latex built up with cotton and tissue.

LewLew, I've been saving dryer lint clay all year, plus my dear friend Trishaanne gave me a bag full for Christmas. Anytime I start to run low I just put out the word to my co-workers and they come through for me.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Dryer lint...for Christmas. Now THAT'S some easy shopping!:D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ghostess try asking hotels or laundramats for dryer lint. I have a 55gal bag full of hotel dryer lint and it makes the smoothest clay minus all the cat and dog hair. Using a food processor also helps to break the lint down so it's smoother to work with.

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Wow Karen!

He looks great! I'm really intrigued by the dryer lint.

Maybe when you guys come to Chicago, we work with this stuff?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts