Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What horror movie in your opinion is the dumbest thing you ever saw?
I've seen so many and it was hard to just choose one.

My choice is TCM: The Next Generation. This movie was just so dumb, period. Anyone see it? Leatherface acted like a retard in this movie.
The ending was crazy and made me go, huh.

My other choices were: SICK, Lover's Lane, Scream Bloody Murder, American Nightmare, and Camp Fire Tales. If I didn't choose TCM, I would've probably chosen SICK. It was a tough choice, but I think TCM took the cake and ran with it IMO.

If you haven't seen this movie, don't. Unless, you are like me and sometimes like to watch dumb horror movies. They can be fun to watch when you are drunk. :p Sometimes a dumb horror movie can make you realize that a good horror movie is hard to make.

So, what have you seen that was really, really dumb.

·
Registered
80 Posts
IMO 28 Days Later was the dumbest horror movie ever made.
I know a lot of people liked it, but I absolutely hated it.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'd have to agree with NCM that TCM:TNG is among the cream of the crop, dumb horror movies. It's right up there with Manos: Hands of Fate and Halloween: Resurrection.

Huh, just noticed that my top three dumbest horror movies all have colons in their titles. Coincidence? Perhaps not. :voorhees:

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's hard to pick one... I'll go with House of the Dead. The other ones I can think of are Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason X, Darkness Falls, Dreamcatcher, Andy Warhol's Dracula, and I could go on and on! :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I have to go with Rocky on the House of the Dead mention. This is an example of not only having the wrong director attached to a movie, but having a sizable budget and looking for all the world like it was filmed with a budget that consists mainly of loose change found between the cushions of the couch. There were just so many illogical and unexplained reasonings behind the premise to this film that one really doesn't know where to begin. I suspect that even die-hard fans of bad Horror films even hated this one. That being said, I shall add others to the "Hall of Shame." As always, INPO:

1. Jason X
2. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The original. At least the remake had SOME REAL ACTORS attached to the film. **** it! Add the remake here too.)
3. Video Dead
4. Martin
5. Legion of the Dead
6. Popcorn
7. The Brotherhood
8. The Blair Witch Project I & II
9. Return to Salems Lot
10. Halloween III: Season of the Witch

·
Registered
80 Posts
I kinda liked House of the Dead...but anyways, I have others to add to my list.
-Dreamcatcher
-Salem's Lot 1&2
-The Night Flier
-The People Under the Stairs
-Wes Craven's Don't Look Down (I liked the plot and everything, but they could have put more detail into the movie)
Thats it for now...I'm sure I'll think of some more.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Dark Empress, I must ask...and please do not get overly offended, but...WHAT DRUGS WERE YOU TAKING WHEN YOU WATCHED "HOUSE OF THE DEAD, AND DECIDED YOU "KINDA LIKED IT?" Please, if you have any left over, share it with the rest of us, because you are ABSOLUTELY the first person I've heard of that hasn't said a disparaging remark about that piece of garbage. Maybe your "stash" will make the rest of us appreciate it more. It's doubtful, but miracles HAVE been known to happen from time to time.

Oh, add Zombi 3, Zombie 4: After Death and In the Woods to my list. Those movies have to be seen to appreciate exactly how terrible they are. Any one of them make The Dead Next Door seem like a Tolkien Masterpiece by comparison.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Zombi 3
House of the Dead
Children of the Living Dead
I still Know what You Did Last Summer - The title alone is stupid

I really hate those horror movies that are made by three friends who put all of their inside jokes in it thinking that they are actually funny.

Monsturd is a perfect example of this. Cheerleader Massacre (I think that's the one) is another.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
ReelHorror said:
Zombi 3
House of the Dead
Children of the Living Dead
I still Know what You Did Last Summer - The title alone is stupid
Yeah, it should be called "I Still Know What You Did TWO Summers Ago". Dumbasses.

ReelHorror said:
I really hate those horror movies that are made by three friends who put all of their inside jokes in it thinking that they are actually funny.

Monsturd is a perfect example of this. Cheerleader Massacre (I think that's the one) is another.
Another example of that would be The Dead Hate the Living, though, I think that may be more like a movie that produced a ridiculous amount of name dropping, by talking about Zombie movies that are way better than it.

• Children of the Living Dead
  • NOTLD 30th Anniversary Edition (who really cared that much about the graveyard zombie?)
  • Quicksilver Highway (a really bad anthology movie)
  • Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (aka Children Should Stick to Making Porky's Movies)
  • Blair Witch 2
  • Friday the 13th Part 8 (how does a cruise ship go from a lake to NYC?)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I should add:
Scream series
I Know What You Did Last Summer series
House of 1000 Corpses
Dracula 2000

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
For another update to this topic, just check out my Worst Horror films of 2005thread. :sick:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Ouch. Everybody's hating on JASON X. :voorhees:

C'mon, Friday the Thirteenth part 5 was far, far worse.

Zombie and I know a kid who has stated honestly, that TCM:TNG could be the most brilliant film of all time. I kid you not. :eek:

Amityville 3-D is an absolute turd of a film.

Trying to steer this in a direction of original films, not sequels (cause they always suck) let's see were we go:

Blair Witch. I don't really think I need to say anymore.

House of Death. Which is not the same as House of the Dead. But did inspire a great, great BADASS song.

The Terror. Yes, the terror of trying to stay awake, watching Nicholson, in like, his first film.

I Know What You Did Last Summer. Yes, yes, JLH looks wonderful and all, but what a horrid little film.

Urban Legend. What a great IDEA, that was totally destroyed in the execution of this film.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Many of the previously mentioned flicks are on my "worst" list as well. I'd also add:
Attack of The The Eye Creatures (the extra "The" was actually in the film's title)
Robot Monster
Attack of the Giant Leeches
The Aztec Mummy
I should mention that the only reason I watched these was that they were on MST3K.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Jason X suffered mainly because of that stupid android. I liked where they tried to execute Jason in the electric chair. That was pretty sweet.

No, I think Jason Takes Manhattan to be the worst of the bunch or Jason Goes To Hell but Part Five is definitely in there somewhere. The first one is okay, the second much better, three---meh, Four is my second favorite, Five blows, Six is the best of the bunch, Seven wasn't all that bad, Eight also blows and so do the last two. So just about five of the whole series are worth watching. That's still a damn sight better than those of the Halloween franchise, which only has three. :voorhees:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm sorry, I know this is some peoples favroit movie... but I'm gonna say it. Polterguist, I guess I'll say Polterguist three too. I mean it was the first 'horror' movie I'd ever seen and it made me sit there and go 'Oh come on!'

But I do have to say Family Guy did a great parody of it, the creepy old guy saved Chris from the nast old tree :)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hey, lil' buddy, I'm behind you all the way as far as Poltergeist goes. I never understood the attraction to the film. The Tangina character grated on my rawest nerve by simply speaking. After that everything simply went downhill. Didn't see the third one, so I'm not qualified to say good or ill of it.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
roadkill said:
Was "The Howling" mentioned yet?
BLASPHEMY! :eek: :eek: :D It's one of the best lycanthropic features out there. Pray tell, what did you not like about it?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts