Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home this afternoon, I look over & caught a glimpse of a pink board sticking it's little head up & out over the big blue container it was being inprisioned in.
Knowing the fate of this little guy, I rushed home and told hubby, you must help me save this little soul. *Everyone hops in the van* and over to the site we go, kids in tow......To my surprise, lots of little souls needed savin' from their certain demise! I will be building tombstones until Christmas!

Of course my kids thought I was nuts hopping in, but once they say how excited I was, they were more than happy to help mommy load it all in the van!

Anybody need some?????

Reactions: Fright Boy

·
In Remembrance
7,531 Posts
Wow, that looks like two inch foam for most of it. Have you checked the price on that stuff lately? Might be worth going back to see if there is more.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Good eye there Gru...
looks like you well supplied with paint too!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was amazing what commercial contractors will throw away. We also pulled out some boards of wood and these really long rails of bendable metal with zig zag metals inbetween. Hubby says they are like rebar that they use in the concrete. I'm thinking "archway" for the cemetery.
I pulled out just about every piece in there, just left the tiny little pieces, not to mention, had no more room in the van.
I'll be going back quite regularly to see what else I can find. This area is building like 3 commercial buildings in this spot.

·
Are you always like this?
3,064 Posts
Holy Cow Lagru ! You've got yourself some serious foam there, not to mention the rods!!!!!

Good for you - happy prop making!

·
Registered
302 Posts
wow jackpot!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was just around a construction zone? residential? or a store bin?
Ive been looking for some cause I want to make stones...
I should go hunting
This was a commercial piece of land and they are building some office buildings.
Not like city/tall urban type, just 4 story tall commercial buildings. This was thrown into one of those blue roll off type garbage containers that they drop off at construction sites for them to throw their junk in......well, not junk, my prop building materials!

I should bake them some cookies and tell them "thank you"!!! LOL
Construction for another building is going up right next to it, I'll be checking back from day to day!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.