Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this last late last year, and they looked great initially, but the paint did not hold up. I initially used Cheap-o brand exterior spray paint, but it flaked off. I have tried a sample of brushing on exterior latex paint, and it holds up really well. Then spray over it with brown and then some cream for some depth. These rolls are great as they are easy to cut to length and the width is already that of a board. I just put them up with some velcro however I wanted to. I will post some pics as I actually finish them, but thought I would throw this out there incase anyone needs some boarded up windows.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea Richie! Didn't think about coating them. I have spent the summer coating everything else. Over the last few years, I was using a clear spray, but found it does not hold up to weather/sun. This year I used Spar Urethane in a semi-gloss and the results have been wonderful...
I have a lot of wood/antique type things outside (wagon, outhouse, old bikes, etc) and the Spar is so much better. A bit pricey @ $30.00 per gallon, but it goes a long way and is so worth the time and effort!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.