Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something I just found out and thought I'd share.

If you are in need of hair for a prop,--which I am right now--and the small bags of doll hair aren't enough, and it isn't anywhere near Halloween--no wigs to use the hair from--check one of your craft stores that sell doll hair. I found this at Hobby Lobby:
http://www.craftsetc.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=60619&dep=50&cat=15&subcat=10&Search=Y

Now, it doesn't look like much, but.... The hair is wrapped between 2 wires and looped.

What you can do is take the end and find where the wires start.

Untwist the wires to start unwrapping the hair out from between the wires. You'll have one coiled wire and one semi-straight piece of wire in between.

Now I have around a 15 inch piece of wire undone, and it has given me approximately 3 yards and a little more of thin hair. You can see some of it hanging in the background of the picture above.

It is a little time consuming, because you have to untwist the metal and then unwind the hair from around it. But I figure I'm in a bind and way behind--so I'm giving it a shot. Need something to do while the glue and paint dry anyway... LOL
Hope this helps someone! Please, Scream if I've missed something or if ya have questions.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! Never thought of that... and I drove right by one......:googly: Thanks Terror ;)

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Thanks for the link Fangs, I need some hair for a project right now and that will help. And the cats eyes look good too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, hair extensions is what I use.
Lots of different styles and colors to choose from.

Good idea on the craft store doll hair too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts