Haunt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Electronic Firecracker Group Buy

I believe many of you will be interested in the Electronic Firecracker Group Buy on HalloweenForum. Although I've been involved with identifying the effect and finding examples, you'll have to go to Halloween Forum to participate. I'm simply trying to help inform our HauntForum members.

If you haven't seen, or more importantly, heard, these things in person, you'd be surprised how loud they are (over 100 db). They sound just like a string of firecrackers going off. And the group buy is timed to get these to us in time for July 4th celebrating. Group Buy starts April 1st and ends May 25th!

At my local market, they sell for $59. Via the group buy...less than 20 bucks per. Many vendors at TransWorld have started selling single unit crackers marketed under different names, at higher prices. These crackers will have two actual elements that make noise. The string has an inline on/off switch. But with an x10 or other AC control, you can remote them.

These are the HOT items this year, as witnessed at Transworld! Feel free to discuss or ask a questions about the crackers. But, to participate, you'll have to message Eyegore on Halloweenforum. Btw...thanks Zombie-F, for allowing my post.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently mounted a large Frankenstein style throw switch prop with fuses (shown below). I wired my fuses to light up and make noise. But I haven't come close to duplicating the startling sound of these things.

I intend to wire these into my switch, as well as putting a popper plate (read the thread for info) under my electric chair seat. Or, find an old rusty electrical disconnect box, and wire them up in that.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering if you received your e-firecrackers from the group buy?
I received mine. There were problems with the group buy, but eventually they arrived. I made two props with my crackers...a box of dynamite, and a faulty fusebox. I mounted the fusebox to work in sync with my Frankenstein prop.

The dynamite sticks in this box were made by the extra pieces in the electronic firecrackers. I stripped the outter paper, removed the end caps from one end and hot glued them together. Then re-wrapped them with a new label that I created.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I was interested in this group buy, but could not figure out how to pay
everytime I tryed to pay it was all screwed up. I wish we could get a group buy on these here I am so interested and ready to buy. :jol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
BobC,something didn't want you to commit to the firecracker group buy,you saved money.I participate,payed April 4th,and still waiting.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BobC,something didn't want you to commit to the firecracker group buy,you saved money.I participate,payed April 4th,and still waiting.
That sucks. Did you talk to Eyegore about it? I haven't been keeping up with that thread.

·
Administrator
10,704 Posts
That sucks. Did you talk to Eyegore about it? I haven't been keeping up with that thread.
Eyegore has been banned over there. Larry has asked that people respond to eyegore via email to complete your transactions.

Issues with a group buy that is being run on Halloween Forum should be handled over there since Haunt Forum is not associated with this group buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts