3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Moon Dog 
#1 ·
Greetings Everyone!

I had an idea to take the "walking severed hands" and use them to
slowly come up from underground as something is escaping from the
grave.

Anyone ever try this before?

I'm thinking that I'd like to have the hands come up at a slow speed
more so for a creepy effect rather than fast for a scare effect.

Anyone have any idea input?

#3 ·
How slow does the motor turn? Have a link to one?

Thinking of burying a couple of PCV pipes in the ground for the hands
to come up in... with some faux leaves/dirt covering the opening for
the hands to break through.

#8 ·
wow i m making something like that my son came up with the idea, im using a rotisserie motor from wally world run about 2-3 rpm i using a small piece of sonic tube 12"x6"round so the hand can go up and down in with out anything getting in the way, 3 pieces of 1" aluminum stock about 4-6" long all hook up like a fcg . right now the aluinum stock is too long hand is coming out to high, but im also want to get the look when it comes out i want it to fall-like its crabbing to get out--i also have the motor bolted in a small wooden box so the dirt doesnt get near it

#9 ·
Great minds think alike eh pyro? :cool:

I was thinking about that I would like the hands to "fall" back into place
as well... wonder if a timer circuit could be used with a variable speed
motor somehow?

Or...

A timer circuit to kill the power to the motor and have the hands spring
loaded to be able to pull back in.

#13 ·
I use one of these 'severed walking hands' on a zombie. It is a very subtle movement, but I like it.

Problem using two hands is all I have seen are left hands. I haven't seen the other side. Two left hands coming out of the grave is more funny than scary.
Very good point... might have to take one of those apart and see what makes it tick...

Might be able to use the guts in some other hands after some modifications to make a right hand.

Remember, where there's a will... there's a dead person! :D

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.