Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my knockoff of ScareFX's gravedigger, and not only does it make me double take when outside, our dogs freak out every time they round the corner too...

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I was working on my Reaper I left it in the Living Room overnight.
Woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink and I saw it standing in the room in the dark.
Thought it was real.
Scared the crap outa me.

I can just see the headlines : "Grim Reaper takes another victim."

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like those late nights working on the haunt/display and forgetting that you've put a prop in a spot or accidently left the air on and a motion sensor turns a porp on. Course after changing my drawers i usually have a good laugh and a beer!

·
Registered
35 Posts
the only prop that i built that ever freaked me out was a replica of the creature from the movie the village

That prop still creeps me out so i make sure hes out on my porch most halloweens

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got one of those cute 3-foot scarecrows stuck out in the garden bed out in the front yard. Every time I peek out the window, there's the head of one of them, where there was only empty space last week, and every time I have a split-second of thinking "S&!#, those [email protected]#@! are trying to break into the car again!..." (First week of Sept I caught a pair of big guys in my driveway at 2am. Now that was a little scary.)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Now, this guy has given me a shiver once or twice:

The other night I was reaching up under his neck to turn off the flashlight that lights up his eyes, and I had just a moment of pure reptilian-brain run-for-your-life fear ("Why am I in its arms? What if it grabs me?") :rolls eyes:

Then when I went to photograph it the next day, I got what looks like an "orb" up near its head. See it? Now I'm doubly creeped out....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pumpkins Revenge

Oh yes.. I have to admit I screamed like my little 2 year old girl. On my page you see the pumpkin man well I live on a very slopped lot. I placed him at the top of the driveway and was pre-occupied putting in the ground lights when I hear something behind me. Well I built Pumpkin man out of an old coat rack and it was wobbling/walking on the legs and ran into me. I looked up as it came down across my back??? Talk about scared and I had the instant sweats...man I'm glad no one had a camera on that one...

www.freewebs.com/deadwoodmanor/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, several times.

This is a character I call "The Greeter" though most people call him the Grim Reaper. This year he is at the end of the walkway from the house. 15 minutes after I put him out I caught him out of the corner of my eye and was like, "Whose in the yard?!?" The first week I had him out I would look out the window and see him and think the same thing. He startles my wife also. I've finally gotten used to seeing him, though my wife hasn't. :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
at the haunted house we work at we had this prop: http://littlespider.net/ProductPics/monster-prop.jpg on a wall in a hallway and every time we walked by it we'd forget it was there and think that it was someone standing there! it got me every time! needless to say, i hated that hallway!
at my haunt in my garage we put up a ghost up against the wall and it has gotten me a couple times too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts