Haunt Forum banner

Evil Dead (2013)

5K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  The-Hog-Flu 
#1 ·
I searched everywhere for an Evil Dead thread but couldn't seem to find any.

Anyway, I took the Evil Dead "Dare to Share Your Scare" challenge and thought I'd share it with you guys.

#11 ·
I have a few qualms about it, but they were minor. Overall I was very pleased. They did a lot of things that I hadn't seen before, and the things that had been done before were still done in an original way. And it was bloody, bloody, bloody good fun. Oh, by the way, stay through the credits.

#23 ·
I loved the Evil Dead reboot. I went into it with an open mind, making an effort not to compare it to the originals.....which were my favorite horror films of all time. I found it to be a great pure horror flick. Very eerie and brutal. It was a rollor coaster ride. I liked how they paid homage to the originals with references and other nods, such as Ash's Oldsmobile and the pendant, but didn't try to stick to the original script. I think that this is what Raimi was going for back in the original, but with a low budget it came across comical at times. Then of course he went full on comedy for the sequels. I just don't think that in this case, it'd be fair to try and hold it up to the source material. Any attempt to replicate such a masterpiece in comparasin would be immpossible. Anyway, I saw it twice in the theatre and have since bought the DVD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.