1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
local hardeware home epot kmart walmart lowes staples

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Yupp what DT and Slightlymad said. But choose wisely they have different types some go crazy expanding and some a little. Don't want to waste it and have to cut it off cuz it got too big.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Good question. Sometimes that have it all over. It is called Great Stuff. Ask the clerk to point you in the right directions.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
What kind of expandable foam are you talking about? And what do you want to use it for? Great stuff is okay, but for casting objects from a mold, I'd recommend using the 2 part foams. Great stuff becomes brittle when hard, and it degrades far more quickly than 2 part foams.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Foam

Vlad, I am interested in 2 part foam but am looking for a decent priced one with a decent expand rate. I have seen alot of the Halloween shops online sell it and its really expensive. I have been told to use the 2 part foam from boat stores used in the bottom of boats also. Anyone that has experience with 2 part foam Help me out Im new to the foam stuff I have used Great Stuff 100's of times and am unhappy most of the time with the finished projects. Later all. :jol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought mine here: http://www.shopmaninc.com/foam.html the best price I found on the net. The guy running the operation is very helpfull as well. It is the same stuff that the others carry for much more $$$ Also check to see if you have a local fiberglass company they usally carry it and some boat repair shops as well. West Marine carries it but they want $ 80.00 for a quart yes that is correct !! I have used the 2.2lb from another source and the 3lb from the above link.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great stuff is good for doing decorations for tombstones or signs there are 2 types at Home depot or lowes, one for windows and one for general use. the general use is like 5.80 a can and comes with the straw. YOU NEED TO WEAR GLOVES when you use this stuff, if you make a good mold it comes out great. Once it hardens just use latex paint to seal it so it will last. I use this stuff all the times for my tombstones to make angels and other decorations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts