Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to see a really good idea executed really badly at a recent visit to a Halloween Store: Wine Replacement labels for your wine bottles for a Halloween party. The faux labels are to present the bottles as blood rather than wine. The store wanted $4-$6 for totally uncreative, uninspired labels. So...I was inspired to make some for everyone to use.

Rather than re-post this entire project here, I'm hoping it's ok to link to the exact project.

PROJECT:
http://booityourself.blogspot.com/2010/09/swap-your-wine-labels-with-blood-labels.html

FREE LABELS:
http://www.booityourself.com/wine/

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Very creative, beautifully mastered. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Very nice - downloading now!

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is so cool. I just bought some labels on eBay and it cost me $6.50. I like yours much better. Nice artwork and very creative. BTW, anyone know how to make bottles look aged (i.e., dusty, cobwebs). I want to display them on a shelf. :jol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a great idea I didn't think of! My first thought is baby powder and that fake cob web stuff. Take the bottles outside, put a big squeeze bottle of baby powder nearby,
and squeeze it hard so a plume of powder bursts straight UP into the air. It will settle and create a very dusty film on the bottles. How do I know? We have a three year old. There's been a film of residual powder everywhere that stuff is applied!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Very generous of you, thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love your wine bottle labels thank you for sharing.:)

·
Registered
979 Posts
how ever did i miss these?? nicely done,,, thank you for doing this!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's a great idea I didn't think of! My first thought is baby powder and that fake cob web stuff. Take the bottles outside, put a big squeeze bottle of baby powder nearby,
and squeeze it hard so a plume of powder bursts straight UP into the air. It will settle and create a very dusty film on the bottles. How do I know? We have a three year old. There's been a film of residual powder everywhere that stuff is applied!
You could also try using dryer lint - I would think baby powder would be too white? Rub the lint back onto its screen while you hold it over the bottles?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts